INL Operations Support Coordinator - Iraq (5809)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
, International, International
The Operations Support Coordinator is accountable to the Operations Manager and/or Site Manager for the operations components at their assigned location of Aviation Support Service Program to the U.S. Embassy Country Team and Department of State (DoS).Serves as a FOB manager for all functions as directed. At designated locations, serves as Mission Pilot in one aircraft type assigned to the Site.At contract start, assists in managing the phase-in plan to replace the incumbent contractor with no degradation of capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all contract personnel and activities (operations, maintenance and logistics) at the assigned Forward Operating Base (FOB) in order to deliver safe, efficient and comprehensive aviation support to the DoS
- Manages, tracks, reports FOB operational, training and support activities.
- Responsible for tactical leadership and acts as a primary architecttoshape the strategic direction of all operational activities and resources at the FOB Site.
- Coordinates with Country Site functional leaders to address disciplinary issues in country and recommend disciplinary action.
- Ensures Air Mission requests are consistent with and in support of contract obligations.
- Manages crew schedules to ensure assignments are in accordance with personnel qualifications for type of aircraft, DoS safety and operational regulations and company policy
- Ensures required operating reports, such as submission of pilot training and proficiency records, flight schedule reports and all other documents are submitted to the functional managers in a timely manner to meet company and customer time lines
- In coordination with the Country Site Manager and other Functional leaders, helps develop, manage, and represent all AAR INL programs in the assigned country, ensuring high levels of accountability and program success.
- Maintains strong relationships with supported HN organization, DoS personnel, associate contractors and vendors.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five (5) years of flight operations management experience
- Minimum of one (1) year performing duties with similar responsibilities managing aviation operations.
- 1,500 hours of military total pilot time and is a NVG qualified pilot.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of HN, ICAO and Federal Aviation Administration regulations and other appropriate guidelines pertaining to the contract operation.
- Strong English speaking and written communication skills
Previous qualification in one or more of the Site aircraft preferred
- Experience as a pilot and or planner in deployed contingency operations, or combat, or hostile and/or austere operational locations
Job Ident #: