INL Operations Support Coordinator-Afghanistan (5803)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
Responsible for the Aviation Support Service Program to the U.S. Embassy Country Team and the DOS INL-A customers in support of their aviation program requirements within the assigned country by FW and/or RW aircraft.
Provide support and administrative functions necessary for the safe, efficient, effective operation of Aviation Support Services and Embassy Air Operations Program at the Main Operating Base (MOB), Forward Operating Base (FOB) and other locations as directed.
This position is located in Afghanistan. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support operations of a fleet of fixed-wing and/or rotary-wing aircraft to support domestic and international air movements and aerial operations at the site location.
- Ensure operational requirements are safely accomplished in accordance with customers established standards and operating procedures.
- Prepare customer briefings and serves as the in country subject matter expert.
- Assist site manager in force protection, the security team, aircraft loaders, weapons, life support equipment and intelligence.
- Support inter-theater airlift for the embassy in addition to the primary intra-theater airlift requirements.
- Assist the In-Country Team in following established company policies and coordinates the enforcement of those policies.
- Confer with administrative personnel and government regulatory agencies to propose revision and adoption of rules and procedures governing in-country flight operation and other operational activities.
- Coordinate with functional leaders and Site Managers to ensure that aircraft and equipment are available when and where required.
- Ensure all documentation required by the Program is properly accomplished and communicated to the correct authority.Ensure that sufficient resources are available for employees to perform effectively.
- Coordinate with functional leaders to address disciplinary issues in country.
- Assist in the selection of site management personnel for key positions.
- Assist countrywide support personnel that perform the countrywide functions such as Intelligence, Physical Security, Operational Security, Force Protection, Armorers and Aircrew Life Support Equipment (ALSE).
- Ensure mission orders are consistent with and in support of contract obligations.
- Ensure required operating reports such as submission of pilot training and proficiency records, flight schedule reports and all other documents are submitted to the functional managers in a timely manner to meet company and FAA timeliness.
- Assist in the management of operations personnel and activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the manager in establishing and maintaining the approved company ground and flight training programs for operations personnel.
- Participate in the coordination of planning and staffing flight missions.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers and vendors.
- Maintain and update flight schedules and flight logs.
- Monitor crew schedules to ensure assignments for schedules are in accordance with personnel qualifications for type of aircraft, federal safety and operational regulations, and company policy.
- Track and maintain flight/hour program.Update data cards for radio/navigations systems monthly.
- Confer with administrative personnel, government regulatory agencies to propose revision and adoption of rules and procedures governing flight operation activities.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance Perform other duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum eight (8) years of experience in management and operations of a mixture Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing aircraft fleet. Strong English speaking and written communication skill. Prior experience as a US military aviator. Prior experience as a Pilot in command in RW or FW aircraft at the highest flight activity level. 300 hours experience with Night Vision Goggles (NVGs). Manage complex OCONUS flight activities RW and/or FW aircraft Mission qualified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model.
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
Job Ident #: