INL Safety Specialist - Peru (3435)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
, International, International
Responsible for all aspects of the safety management system, aviation and ground safety programs and the execution of all aviation and ground safety related training, audits, inspections and monitoring programs at their assigned site at the direction of the Aviation Safety Manager. Provide administrative support including maintaining all departmental files, records, and publications needed to support organizational activities to meet U.S. Department of State, Office of Aviation, Bureau For International Narcotics and Law Enforcement requirements. This position is in Peru.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper safety procedures are followed in accordance with the contract and appropriate Federal, state, and local regulations, rules, and procedures.
- Detail oriented and works well independently or in groups.
- Highly motivated self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate professional and a high-degree of technical competency in the field of aviation safety, mishap prevention, and accident investigation.
- Direct oversight and responsible for all matters related to aviation and ground safety and compliance for his/her assigned areas of responsibility.
- Complete published safety audits, inspections, monitoring programs, investigations and ad hoc reviews on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Identify safety hazards, risks, and promote the reduction or elimination of potentially hazardous conditions that may lead to accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and safety-related financial losses.
- Monitor reports and investigate all aircraft accidents to determine the cause of the accident and formulate recommendations to help prevent similar mishaps in the future.
- Detailed data-entry of technical information necessary in assisting in the monitoring of mishap reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Extensive research dealing with OSHA and environmental regulations, vendor information, and logistical support for safety equipment and supplies.
- Ability to pay close attention to details. Able to change directions with the needs of the work environment and take on additional responsibilities based on operational needs.Provide written reports which are clear, concise and meaningful for all ground/aviation safety and environmental matters.
- Provide technical support in all types of Safety/Environmental issues such as data gathering, training, correspondence with CONUS and OCONUS internal customers, etc.
- Perform duties as an active member of an aircraft accident/incident board, when needed.
- Develop required reports, conduct briefings, safety training, and when directed conduct quarterly safety and semi-annual safety stand down meetings.
- Assist in maintaining accident and incident records, files, and reports.
- Perform data entry and corrections to files on an as needed basis. Maintain and log all purchase request items as required to include when received.
- Process Safety Hazard Reports including investigating the hazard and ensuring mitigations are in place.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field.
- Graduate from DOD Aviation Safety and Accident Investigation Course.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum five (5) years experience as an Aviation Safety Professional. Experience dealing with safety and environment laws, rules, and regulations.
- Experience in risk management and mitigation.
- High degree of knowledge in the technical field of aviation safety and accident prevention and experience in use of DOD, FAA, NTSB, or ICAO documentation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Strong English speaking and written communication skill.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Environmental regulations. Knowledge of how to acquire Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and understand regulatory requirements.
- Spanish Language and Reading Level 2 qualified
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships.
- Prior U.S. Military or DOD Aviation Safety Officer experience.
- Knowledge of DOD Air Mobile and Air Assault Operations.
- Previous experience in conducting aircraft accident investigations.
Job Ident #: