Avionics Solutions Specialist (SALES)
Carpenter Avionics, Inc. •
If you love working with aircraft owners and operators to help them select the most appropriate avionics systems and services to meet their needs, then this is a great opportunity for you. This is a rare opportunity to join a dedicated team that is committed to the highest quality workmanship, integrity and customer satisfaction, and to join a company undergoing renewed vigor and growth under new ownership.
There is a tremendous innovation and compelling opportunity within the world of avionics - particularly at Carpenter Avionics. Carpenter is an award-winning, authorized FAA Repair Station that sells, installs and maintains avionics systems for general aviation aircraft, including business jets, turboprops and piston engine airplanes. Carpenter has served customers across the country and internationally for more than 33 years, from its location in greater Nashville, Tennessee.
Summary of the Role:
Carpenter Avionics now has an immediate need for an Avionics Solutions Specialist. This sales and business development role, which reports to the General Manager, provides the primary day-to-day engagement with customers and performs a role that is vital to the growth and success of the company.
The successful Avionics Solutions Specialist will meet or exceed sales performance goals while providing exceptional customer satisfaction and customer retention. The Avionics Solutions Specialist will utilize solution-selling skills to generate revenue by developing the North America market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closure. Central to the role is the ability to be a catalyst and proactively seek out opportunity, and then to understand customer needs and determine the most appropriate avionics products and services to meet those needs.Key Responsibilities:
- Promote Carpenter Avionics’ installation, maintenance and repair services by providing each client/prospect with technical knowledge, education and experience, and offering sound advice and recommendations for avionics upgrades and maintenance services that will benefit the flight operations of each client.
- Identify new clients who will benefit from Carpenter products or services, and maximize client potential in designated areas with the primary focus on Carpenter’s avionics installation business. Develop and nurture long-term relationships with clients from pre-sales stages through to post-sale follow-up and ongoing contact.
- Listen carefully to understand customer requirements, and then build a responsive solution to offer, while working with Carpenter installation or service team leads as needed.
- Maintain technical proficiency and stay informed on current avionics products, issues and industry trends.
- Lead the day-to-day management of Carpenter’s client/prospect database, ensuring accurate and current contact information is recorded. Carpenter uses Salesforce.com CRM and EBis line of business applications.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s sales and marketing plans.
- Be a voice of authority and expertise representing Carpenter Avionics in customer presentations, in-person events and web-based seminars.
- Work with Carpenter’s technical teams to ensure alignment in understanding the scope of work to be accomplished and the scheduled date of completion.
- Coordinate activity and resolve issues that may arise while aircraft service work is underway.
- Operate in accordance with Carpenter’s FAA-approved Repair Station Manual and with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
Education and Experience:
- Passion for aviation, learning, innovation and achievement.
- Exemplary professionalism and skill in customer engagement, sales and business development.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a self-directed way to identify and realize opportunity.
- Willingness to work alongside others in the team - as part of the team - and lead by example.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, work ethic, good judgment and dependability.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and presence.
- Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Customer service orientation.
- Computer usage expertise, including Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Office, and EBis line of business software.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Preferred Experience: At least five years of successful avionics sales with deep knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Avidyne, Aspen Avionics, Universal and/or other leading avionics brands.
- Required Experience: At least two years of successful sales in a technical area, ideally in general aviation avionics.
- Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: College / university degree, technical degree or experience in a related discipline.
- Other Preferred Credentials: NCATT certification in avionics, FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings, and/or FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with an Instrument Rating.
At Carpenter, each associate is a valued resource. Carpenter offers a stable yet exciting environment that has fostered a surprisingly long tenure for its team members. Contributing to this inviting workplace is a compelling overall compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary and commission potential.
- 401(k) retirement program with generous company match.
- Group health insurance and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Access to group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage.
- Discounts on Carpenter Avionics products and services.
This role is based at Carpenter’s location in greater Nashville, TN, known the world over as “Music City” – a vibrant and growing area offering an incredible quality of life. The Smyrna/Rutherford County Airport is the most active general aviation airport in Tennessee and third most active airport overall in the state. Carpenter is located at 624-B Fitzhugh Blvd, Smyrna, TN. Travel:
This role will encompass some degree of travel primarily for regional events and occasional customer outreach efforts. Approximately 20% to 25% travel estimated.
Carpenter Avionics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity.
Job Ident #: