Western Avionics •
Avionics Installation Superstar!
The ideal candidate removes existing avionics and installs new Garmin and related equipment in General Aviation aircraft, specifically corporate jets. Must have extensive experience installing all types of major manufacturers avionics efficiently and identifies/addresses any squawks successfully in the process. Must be able to perform all stages of installation from planning, to recommending equipment, to wire integration, to testing the system post-installation, to the delivery of fully functioning aircraft to customer.
About Western Avionics
Founded over 4 decades ago, Western Avionics is located in beautiful Southern California on (SNA) John Wayne Airport and is one of the top avionics and instrument sales and service facilities in the U.S. Western Avionics customers are the best of the best operating a wide range of corporate jets and turbo props. Our avionics team is at the heart of our success and as a result, working at Western Avionics is a rewarding and exciting environment.
Our Perfect Candidate
Our ideal new team member is a passionate, motivated self-starter that wants to become part of a team-driven environment, with an entrepreneurial spirit. An individual with a high acumen installing Garmin and related avionics into a variety of airframes. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking and committed. At Western Avionics, our team members embrace these qualities and we pay and reward accordingly.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have 3+ years of avionics installation experience with products that include Garmin GTN 650/750, Garmin G600/G500 and Garmin GTX 345, and other manufacturers avionics on aircraft that range from high-performance single engine to mid-sized jets.
- Must be able to individually, without assistance, remove existing avionics and install new major manufacturers equipment (Garmin, Honeywell, Rockwell Collins) in a variety of airframes.
- Must be able to conduct and interpret functional tests of avionics/electrical systems in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, manufacturers installation manuals and engineering drawings.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting complex avionics systems.
- Experience installing cabin entertainment systems and WiFi systems is a plus.Provides insights on how to create better efficiencies in the installation process for any avionics.
- Ensures that work accomplished meets applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Checks all work and ensures a defective-free assembly prior to final inspection.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, send your resume to: Carl@WesternAvionicsInc.com to join the Western Avionics team today! Salary is
commensurate with experience. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision
- Relocation allowance
- Company paid classes and enrichment training as requested
- Angels Baseball
- Company deep-sea sport fishing
- Working for a company that appreciates you and being excited to get up every day!
- High School Diploma, GED
- Minimum three (3) years avionics installation experience with Garmin, Honeywell and related equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams
- FAA A&P License preferred, FCC License a plus
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications
- Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary
-Top of Market plus Bonus
Minimal Local Travel
Job Ident #:
Avionics Installation Technician