Avionics Service Technician
Banyan Air Service •
Are you ready to join an exciting organization within the Aviation industry that has an elite level of service ?
If so, then its time for you to work for the #1 FBO in the Southeast!
We are seeking experienced Avionics Technicians looking for stability within the Aviation industry.
Avionics Service Technician
To provide full customer satisfaction in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of avionics equipment.
To build customer loyalty through service excellence in a work environment where the employees enjoy their work because they have accepted responsibility for the success of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Service and repair avionics systems and components. Troubleshoot and repair of avionics equipment to component level, including areas of: Com/Nav, ADF, Transponder, DME, Radar, audio systems, navigation instrumentation autopilot system components, radio altimeters, etc.
- Enter write-ups of work performed in the computer or on the disc sheet after work is completed.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area, as service letters are issued on avionics equipment and other informational items are furnished for new product etc.
- Assist service and maintenance of avionics systems both on the bench and in the aircraft. Check avionics systems in aircraft after repairs.
- Assist the avionics supervisor and crew leader with customer relations, closing of work orders and other administrative functions when needed.
- Assist in maintaining avionics library, service bulletins, microfiche and any new technical information and the orderly operation of the service shop area.
- Maintain current calibrations status and records for shop test equipment.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and wear/use all appropriate safety equipment.
- To be fully proficient in this position, teammate(s) must possess or acquire the following through on-the-job training:
- A complete knowledge of Banyan’s customers,
- A thorough knowledge of FAA guidelines and regulations,
- A thorough knowledge of department work schedules and vacations,
- Knowledge of Banyan’s computer system,
- A complete knowledge of the operation and care of all avionics equipment and tools,
- A knowledge of Ft. Lauderdale’s Executive Airport, including the location of hangars, tie-downs, fuel farm, tower, U.S. Customs, and all other FBOs located at the airport,
- A working knowledge of taxiways, runways, routes used to cross taxiways, and other locations on the airport including the run-up area,
- Knowledge of the location of tools, equipment, rags, cords, hoses, cleaning supplies, waste and new lubricants, grease, precision tools, vacuum cleaners, garbage dumpsters, carpets, supplies, keys, clipboards, fans, ladders, and other equipment,
- Knowledge of the operation of hangar doors, hangar lights, night lights, and procedures for locking the facility, aircraft, and general security,
- Knowledge of the location of keys for metal cabinets, tools, closets, and doors.
- Working knowledge, knowledge of the location, purpose, and use of:
- Repair Station Manual
- Manufacturer Inspection Forms
- Discrepancy sheets and clip boards
- Parts Requisition forms, Green, Yellow, and Red Tags
- Aircraft and Parts Manuals
- FAA for 337
- Malfunction or defect report
- Purchase Orders and Work Authorizations
- Knowledge of the departments of the company, their function and their personnel,
- Knowledge of your own employment status and the forms necessary to keep updated for FAA requirements,
- Knowledge and understanding of the Banyan Team Handbook,
- Knowledge of responsibility for:
- Customer items in aircraft
- Clean up
- Discrepancies completed
- Items remaining and the conditions in which uncompleted items were communicated
- Run-up and completion,
- Knowledge of overtime, Saturday, on-call, and special call out procedures,
- Knowledge of safety procedures and designated special area assignments including jack, batteries, cords, hoses, oxygen, nitrogen,
- Knowledge of responsibility for facility and aircraft security and all aspects for safety.
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma, Factory Certification of various types in avionics and repair plus a minimum of five years of previous related experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the teammate(s) incumbent in this position. Teammate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorization to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will posses the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Job Ident #: