Commercial Jet •
Commercial Jet Inc., is a leading independent FAA approved and EASA recognized line and heavy maintenance, repair & overhaul (MRO) solutions provider for passenger and cargo aircraft. Commercial Jet Inc. is known for our reliable and expert service for more than 20 years. We have earned the trust of the world’s leading airlines, owners and operators. Our skilled professional team delivers fully integrated high-value aviation service solutions customized to the specific requirements of each customer. As one of the largest aviation service providers in South Florida, Commercial Jet’s team can accommodate multiple wide-body and narrow-body aircrafts, reducing out-of-service time for our customers, including the world’s leading airlines, as well as aircraft owners and operators. Commercial Jet specializes in heavy maintenance and modification services, complete airframe inspections, freighter conversions, interior modifications and avionics upgrade programs.
Our service team includes some of the most talented FAA-certified structural, electrical, avionics and A&P technicians, along with specialists in aircraft modification and maintenance programs. We are currently looking for talented individuals to join our Avionics Team.
- Responsible to be thoroughly familiar with all necessary Avionics test equipment, test procedures, manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, other pertinent technical data and procedures before commencing any assigned task.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and calibrates aircraft electronic systems and components.
- Certifies integrated avionic systems and components, utilizing shop avionics support equipment and specialized precision measuring equipment.
- Analyzes malfunctions and calibrates and performs maintenance on avionics support equipment using calibration standards.
- Installs, aligns and wires electrical and electronic components such as sensors, radio communications, antennas and lights.
- Performs continuity checks and functional checkouts of complete aircraft systems.
- Responsible for ensuring any “on the job training” (OJT) is provided to their assigned lead technician for proper documentation and routing to quality assurance.
- Accomplish tasks assigned by the Lead Technician and department manager.
- Routes wiring and determines the best location and method for installing and removing electronic equipment and systems by applying general trade practices and adhering to prints originated by Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, various modifications centers and aircraft manufacturers wiring diagrams.
- Fabricates wiring harnesses, solders connector plugs, strips and hand lugs wiring.
- Demonstrate familiarization with the principle elements of assigned duties.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years commercial aircraft maintenance experience.
- A&P License
- FCC License
- Ability to work 10-hour shift schedule. Shift may rotate depending on business need and may require employee to cover nights, day, holidays and/or weekends.
- GMM training certification for 707, 727,737,757,767, MD-80 and A320.
Job Ident #: