INL Air Asset Control Lead - Afghanistan (5783)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
Communicate and coordinate requests received from Flight Crew with various internal departments as well as outside vendors in support of the U.S. Department of State (DoS), Bureau for Diplomatic Security (DS), under oversight from the Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Office of Aviation (INL/A). This position is located in Afghanistan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure flight crew briefs comply with the programs agreement/contract and applicable regulations.
- Verify flight crew is in position for briefed flight activities.
- Brief both Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crews on all aspects of each trip including owner/customer requests and special needs.
- Arrange and update to crew operational issues, such as early and late operations at/with fixed base operators or/and other applicable personnel.
- Flight follow assigned program aircraft and update arrival and departure times.
- Actively maintains case management documentation concerning issues impacting owner/customer flights.
- Manages crew communication center and provides timely responses to Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crews.
- Receive inbound communications from flight crew and adheres to departmental policies and standards concerning phone call statistics.
- Facilitate and communicate Fixed-Wing and Rotary Wing Crew transportation and other accommodation elements.
- Initiates and conducts training within his/her respective area of responsibility as required by meeting all contract objectives.
- Plan and coordinate flight routes in support of DOS air movement, and plan all customer air movement for the daily manifest.
- Responsible for coordinating incoming aircraft schedules and organizing cargo onto aircraft as required.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A.A./A.S or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, Airman Certificate, military service, and/or internship with an airline or flight department is desired.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum Seven (7) years of experience in an Air Operations Center, Direct Air Support Center, Base Operations, Command Post or commercial customer service experience in airline booking, scheduling or operational position required.
Job Ident #: