INL Flight Operations Lead - Peru (3460)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
The Flight Operations Lead is accountable to the INL Country Site Manager for the Aviation Support Service Program to the U.S. Embassy Country Team and Department of State (DoS). Serve as an Instructor and Maintenance Pilot in the
UH-1H II aircraft. At contract start, assists in managing the phase-in plan to replace the incumbent contractor with no degradation of capability. This position is in Peru.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all contract personnel (operations, maintenance and logistics) at a Main Operating Base (MOB) in order to deliver safe, efficient and comprehensive technical and training support and assistance to Host Nation personnel conducting day and night flight, maintenance and logistics operations within their country.
- Ensures all contract requirements at those locations are fully coordinated and integrated with the supported HN organization and safely and effectively accomplished in accordance with DoS established standards and operating procedures.
- The Flight Operations Lead also serves as the Country Operations and also the MOB Manager.
- Responsible for tactical leadership and acts as a primary contributor to help shape the strategic direction of all activities and resources in an assigned area.
- In coordination with the Country Site Manager and other INL PMO and Functional leaders supporting the contract, will help to develop, manage, and represent all AAR INL programs in the assigned country, ensuring high levels of accountability and program success.
- Individual will all serve as an Instructor and Maintenance Pilot when needed and will maintain those qualifications in the UH-1H II aircraft.
- Ensures documentation required by the Program is properly accomplished and communicated.
- Coordinates with functional leaders to address disciplinary issues in country and recommend disciplinary action.
- Assists in the selection of site personnel for key positions.
- Ensures mission orders are consistent with and in support of contract obligations.
- Ensures required operating reports, such as submission of pilot training and proficiency records, flight schedule reports and all other documents are submitted to the functional managers in a timely manner to meet company and customer time lines.
- Maintains strong relationships with supported HN organization, DoS personnel, associate contractors and vendors.
- Monitors crew schedules to ensure assignments for schedules are in accordance with personnel qualifications for type of aircraft, DoS safety and operational regulations, and company policy.
- Manages, tracks, reports MOB operational, training and support activities.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
- US Military Rated Rotary or Fixed Wing pilot or Commercial Equivalent. FAA Commercial Pilot Rating.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of ten (10) years technical or professional aviation experience, including 5 years of flight operations management experience, with at least 1 year in duties with similar responsibilities managing aviation operations.
- 1,500 hours of total pilot time.
- Strong English speaking and written communication skill.
- Spanish Language and Reading Level 2 qualified.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of HN, ICAO and Federal Aviation Administration regulations and other appropriate guidelines pertaining to the contract operation.
- Prior U.S. military service in aviation.Prior U. S. military or DoS RW Instructor Pilot and/or Maintenance Pilot.
- Experience in Host nation military advisory and skills for leading work groups in countries where Nationalization Programs are being conducted.
- Prior experience supporting the DoS INL/A program in Peru and/or elsewhere.
Job Ident #: