Design Engineer Mechanical
CHC Helicopter •
Heli-One (Norway) AS Design Department is an EASA Part 21J approved Design Organisation. We provide design and certification of modifications and repair to helicopter customers worldwide.
Our design team provide design, calculations, compliance verification, test procedures etc. which leads to certification of aircraft modifications. The design engineers are also supporting our sales team as well as liaison activity with our customers.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to our design department. Our working tool is Autodesk products (AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor 3D modelling).
This position will be part of the Heli-One (Norway) AS mechanical design team and will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop and design changes to aircraft structure and component.
- Develop installation, assembly and production drawings.
- Stress calculations (static/ dynamic).
- Certification of design changes towards the European Aviation Safety Agency – EASA.
- Supporting our commercial department in tender work.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Relevant Aeronautical/Aerospace education, minimum bachelor-level.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft / helicopter fuselage.
- EASA Part 21J and EASA Certification Specification experience wanted.
- Good co-operation and communicational skills
- English Language: Excellent; written and oral.
- Experience with 3D printing and 3D scanning wanted.
- Experience with the following software: Microsoft Office, CAD tool: AutoDesk Inventor (3D), AutoCad Mechanical (2D), Catia or equivalent. AutoDesk Mechanical Simulation and Matlab.
This is a permanent full time position based in Aberdeen and reports to Head of Design Organisation, based in Norway. For any questions please contact Liv Anita Caycedo, Senior Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com / tel +47 913 95 164 (may be contacted after 2nd of January 2017 due to annual leave) or Head of Design Organisation, Tor Baustad, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online in English to be considered for this position, as soon as possible, but no later than 2nd of January 2017. All attachments must be uploaded in word-format.
Job Ident #: