Design Engineer Mechanical
CHC Helicopter •
Heli-One, a division of CHC Helicopter Corporation, is the world´s largest independent helicopter company with over 250 helicopters and approximately 2.500 employees divided on 30 countries. With over fifty years’ experience Heli-One´s solutions are aimed at minimizing aircraft downtime, decreasing costs and increasing operational agility. From repair and overhaul to integrated logistics support, Heli-One does it all. We support aircraft that operate on every continent. Our values are Simplicity, Agility, Innovation and Collaboration. For more information go to www.chc.ca.
Design Engineer, Mechanical
Heli-One (Norway) AS Design Department is an EASA Part 21J approved Design Organisation. We provide design and certification of modifications and repairs to helicopter customers worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to our design department. This position will be part of the Heli-One (Norway) AS mechanical design team and includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop and design changes to aircraft component and systems.
- Develop installation drawings, installation instructions, test instructions, structural assessments and other relevant analytical reports as applicable.
- Demonstrating compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and certification specifications.
- Assist in certification of design changes towards EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) and/or other regulatory authorities.
- Supporting our commercial department in tender work.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years university or college mechanical engineering degree
- Relevant experience with software tools like Microsoft Office & CAD (AutoCAD/Inventor).
- Competence in stress analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Minimum 3-5 Aviation related technical experience.
- Previous experience with 3d design
- Ability to show initiative; work accurately, creatively and independently.
- Knowledge about EASA Part 21J and EASA Certification Specification
This is a permanent full time position based in Stavanger, Norway and reports to Head of Design Organisation. For any questions please contact Liv Anita Caycedo, Senior Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org / tel +47 913 95 164 or Head of Design Organisation, Tor Baustad, email@example.com.
Apply online in English to be considered for this position as soon as possible, but no later than 16th of March 2017. All attachments must be uploaded in word-format.
Job Ident #: