Engineering Contractor, Checker
Onit Aviation Services, Inc. •
ONIT Aviation is currently seeking Engineering Contractor Checkers
·The primary objective for the Airframe Systems Integration group is to ensure
designs are fully integrated between the multiple design disciplines as well as
manufacturing and maintainability. Other important objectives included
supporting Design for Manufacturing goals of part standardization and part
count reduction and providing requirements and processes for each phase of the
1. Manages Installation Design of primary aircraft barrel assemblies.
2. Coordinates integration of airframe and system installations. Holds planning
and review meetings as needed. Manages and reviews schedules.
3. Manages the coordination and development of parts, planning, tooling &
4. Has oversight over the release of engineering documentation.
5. Responsible for interface definition & configuration control of a
specific aircraft barrel section.
6. Reviews engineering and manufacturing release criteria.
7. Defines when sufficient review cycle criteria have been met. Conducts risk
analysis for remaining tasks.
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets
2. Experience in communicating with employees/teams in productive and efficient
3. Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
4. Current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in the structures/systems
design disciplines 3D / MBD data requirements, as well as all interrelated
disciplines of design build teams.
5. Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA
6. Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
7. Use and understanding of Dimensioning and tolerancing including familiarity
with ASME Y14.5 a must.
8. Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design
9. Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of industry fabrication
practices for aircraft parts.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
11. CATIA Knowledgeware and SmarTeam experience desirable.
Job is in Savannah
Job Ident #: