Mech Engineer A/C Structures Draftsman
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
Performs a variety of engineering work including such areas as design, production manufacturing, test, calibration and efficiency. Title may specify specialty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As required by the business, works with various products, equipment and disciplines to increase production, quality, efficiency, volume and/or environmental suitability.
- Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Gathers, coordinates and applies basic engineering data using established and appropriate or defined engineering principles and procedures.
- Works on less complex and somewhat routine assignments to develop skills and demonstrate technical judgment.
- Applies area of specialty to design, develop, implement and maintain creative and innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Reviews progress with management and recommends corrective action along with review of alternatives.
- Limited interaction with customers under supervision
- Review and approve submittal requests from inspection and responses from manufacturer DERs.
- Create and maintain master Bill of Materials BOM for all landing gear, wing flap, actuators, and transmission assemblies used on all narrow body, wide body, and regional jet aircraft.
- Create and maintain master Inspection Condition Reports ICR, component drawings, and process routings for overhaul parts of above listed assemblies.
- Create and maintain work statement master serialized lists and modification lists, drawings for repair and PMA bushings, nuts, bolts, special tools, and harnesses.
- Receiving Inspection of landing gear and flap assemblies to work on the BOM for each received assembly, reconcile part shortage listings for each received assembly.
- Process and maintain special customer requirements to include, Engineering Technical orders and build levels.
- Review component tractability and cycle information to verify reported LLP serial numbers match actual parts, that parts can go another TBO, and report cycle differential between exchange gears.
- Create assembly procedures for all assemblies. Review and approve work statement packages for all assemblies. Inspect final assembly for correct configuration, build level, modifications, and conformity with requirements.
- Provide, AOG, Engineering, and technical support to all shop departments, purchasing, marketing, and our customers.
- May be required to travel to customers sites.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts degree BA or Bachelor of Science degree BS from four year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, techniques, methods, and is disciplined in their application.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the Engineering area.
Job Ident #:
Requisition No. 5932