Sr. Electrical Engineer
ALOFT AeroArchitects •
We're looking for a hands-on Electrical Systems Engineer to lead electronics/software development of aircraft auxiliary fuel measurement and transfer system.
The ideal candidate Will work with in-house team and outside vendors to create a new system comprised of new and previously developed components customized for new system use. Responsible for engineering sub-contractor oversight, review, progress tracking and general management.
Perform all aspects of electrical engineering work including research, development, and designs to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and regulatory / customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtain requirements and standards from System Engineer such as configuration, prototype, and air-flow requirements.
• Obtain information on aircraft to ensure compatibility with existing wiring and instruments, which may require traveling to the aircraft.
• Develop preliminary scheduling.
• Design all electrical wiring diagrams, installation drawings, schematics, and wire harnesses and their routing layout.
• Write and release test orders (TO's) and drawings.
• Design and direct testing at the fabrication level and the installation level.
• Determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
• Ensure all components are tested.
• Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
• Design and direct circuit boards for the auxiliary fuel system.
• Decide and implement changes that are necessary for an auxiliary fuel system.
• Authorize Advance Drawing Change Notices (ADCN's) for electrical components only.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Produce drawings when needed and Ensure drawings from other drafters and designers are accurate and within applicable standards.
• Resolve any problems at the installation or fabrication level.
• Interface with Customer Support on troubleshooting problems on Pats Auxiliary Fuel Systems.
• Interface directly with customers to solve any technical problems if necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Seven to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience leading electronic system product development
• Full life cycle: Requirements, design, implementation, test, qualification/verification, production roll out
• Experience specifying electrical and software performance requirements
• DO-178 and DO-254 work experience highly desirable
• Experience with Engineering sub-contractor product specifications development, vendor selection, management and review.
• Experience working on aircraft equipment installations
• Experience with addressing part 25 FAR equipment requirements
• Demonstrate proven skills in the specific areas such as Electrical Engineering and CMS/IFE and other aircraft electronic systems integrations.
• Must have leadership ability and be able to effectively lead an Electrical Engineering Project Team.
• Effective communication skills both verbally & in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
• Effective organization skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work for self and team members.
• Ability and willingness to travel, including weeks' long deployments overseas.
10-15% Asia, Europe
Job Ident #: