Air Transport International, Inc. •
The Structures Engineer is responsible for the safety, compliance, reliability and efficiency of the company’s fleet of aircraft. Primarily involving the aircraft structures, but will include aircraft system knowledge as well. They must be able to read and understand OEM documents and data, recommend, write and implement changes to the aircraft. This position also involves direct support for shop, hangar and line maintenance in troubleshooting and providing corrective actions, including repair or deviation documentation for assigned fleet structure.
- Generate and maintain Company Engineering Orders covering alterations, modifications, and repairs to Company aircraft and/or their components.
- Generate aircraft wiring and manufacturing diagrams as required.
- Work closely with FAA-Designated Engineering Representatives for the development of data not previously approved and to obtain FAA approval for all projects not based on previously approved data.
- Maintain the computer database for the Repair Assessment Program.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Planning and/or Maintenance Control to schedule accomplishment of repairs/engineering orders and with Records/QC to ensure all repairs and repetitive inspections are documented and tracking properly within the system.
- Coordinate the exchange of information and approved data between the company and the Aircraft Manufacture, FAA Designated Representatives, and Maintenance Facilities or other outside agencies as needed.
- Answer Engineering Service Requests generated from company personnel. Facilitate and act as the point of contact, if inquires have to be made outside the company to complete an ESR. Maintain the ESR Database.
- Work closely with the Reliability Dept. to provide technical support to the Maintenance department/company.
- Conduct and or assist with internal Tech Services Dept. audits for SMS, IEP and or QA
- Associates degree and 3 years related experience or High School Diploma and 10 years related experience
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to Read, Write and Interpret Technical Drawings and Documents
- The ability to write and interpret documents for clear and concise instructions for other personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Capable of working independently / limited supervision and as part of a team
- Knowledge of aircraft structures, systems and components
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Valid passport or the ability to obtain one and willingness for domestic and international travel.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license
- CAD Software
- Physical Environment:
- This position will require sitting for long periods
- This job will require the following abilities:
- Oral/Written Communication
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc
Job Ident #: