Inventory Clerk III
Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
Coordinates the receiving, storing and issuing of parts and materials. Provides training, prioritizes work and assists with the job activities of warehouse or tool room personnel to meet maintenance needs, shipping schedules and other pertinent deadlines. Processes and verifies inventory movement transactions, maintains overall accuracy of inventory levels and recommends new procedures to improve inventory control and overall workflow efficiency. Works independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include the following items:
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Unload and convey materials onto pallets, vehicles, racks, shelves by hand or with the use of appropriate equipment, including installation of strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Distribute and convey paperwork, materials and parts to and from storage or work sites to designated areas.
- Responsible for inputting correct data in the computer system for all parts entering into the area as well as material movement transactions (transfers, issues, returns and cycle counts).
- Research discrepancies to ensure prompt resolution and implements corrective action plan to eliminate recurrence.
- Implement new work methods.
- Coordinate and participate in the daily assignment of tasks in the work area.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for administering and completing all special projects or assignments given by the immediate Lead or Supervisor, including assistance with training new employees.
- Supports Material Handlers as required.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to drive light duty trucks and operate pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Able to operate general office equipment, such as personal computers, fax and copy machines.
to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, simple
instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training.
- Computer experience and/or training required.
- Must obtain forklift certification within 3 months.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License required.
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and with assistance
occasionally lift and/or move greater poundage.
abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.ENVIRONMENT:
performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near
moving mechanical parts and with explosives. The employee occasionally
works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes
or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical
shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS:
job description is not a contract for employment and either party may
terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to
this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at
Job Ident #: