Line Service Technician
Banyan Air Service •
***Are you looking to join an exciting organization that has great team spirit and wonderful values? Come join the #1 FBO in the Southeast!POSITION TITLE:
Line Service TechnicianSTATUS:
Shift Supervisor - will also receive instructions and assignments from the Line Service Manager.OBJECTIVE:
To provide exceptional customer service and ground support so that our customers consistently rate us as the best in the industry.GENERAL PHILOSOPHY:
To build customer loyalty through service excellence in a work environment where the teammates enjoy their work because they have accepted responsibility for the success of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers to help meet their needs and objectives.
- Anticipate needs of flight crews and passengers
- Assist other line service personnel to ensure customer’s requests have been carried out quickly.
- Assist in fueling of aircraft and services they may need (coffee, ice, etc).
- Assist in the repositioning of aircraft.
- Clean rental cars as needed and assist the front desk with return information.
- Organize and keep clean work areas, tow bars, chalks, tugs, etc.
- Assist in topping fuel trucks, as needed.
- Communicate with next shift to ensure a smooth transition from one shift to the next.
- Assist in the cleaning of line room, front lobby, outside walkway, coffee area, fuel trucks, etc.
- Assist in the cleaning of aircraft, floors, and equipment as required.
- Ensure security of customer’s aircraft and company facilities/equipment.
- Promote other departments and understand total company capabilities.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to lift 50 - 75 lbs overhead, bending and squating as needed
- Ability to pass FXE AOA class exam.
- Ability to pass NATA Safety 1st written practical exams.
- Ability to bend, twist, and squat while performing job duties.
- Ability to be the ambassador of the company making a good first impression
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- To be fully proficient in this position, teammates must acquire the following through on-the-job training and or past experience as well as training.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- A strong knowledge of customers.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Banyan Team Handbook.
- A thorough knowledge of aircraft to ensure proper towing and proper fueling procedures.
- A complete knowledge of Ft. Lauderdale's Executive Airport, including the location of hangars, tie-downs, fuel farm, tower, U.S. Customs, and all other FBOs located at the airport.
- A knowledge of ground control operations.
- A thorough knowledge of taxiways, runways, routes used to cross taxiways, and other locations on the airport including the run-up area.
- A strong knowledge of fuel farm procedures when fueling a truck and receiving fuel.
- A strong knowledge of all aircraft on Banyan's ramp.
- A strong knowledge of proper safety procedures and situational awareness.
- A knowledge of U.S. Customs hours and procedures.
- A knowledge of use of Banyan’s phone system and two-way radios.
- Knowledge of the location of tools, equipment, tow bars, rags, cords, hoses cleaning supplies, waste and new lubricants, grease, vacuum cleaners, garbage dumpsters, carpets, supplies, keys, clipboards, fan, ladders, and other equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of hangar doors, hangar lights, night-lights, and procedures for locking the facility, aircraft, and general security.
- A strong knowledge of all departments within the company, their function and their personnel.
- A strong customer service attitude and skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent with a minimum of two years aviation experience in a high volume FBO setting. Also requires a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the teammate(s) incumbent in this position. Teammate(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will posses the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct thereat or significant risk to the health or safety to themselves or other teammates. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Job Ident #: