A&P Engine Technician
Jet Aviation St. Louis, Inc. •
Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms.
- Performs complex inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, operational and functional checks accurately and compliantly in accordance with approved technical data under minimal supervision.
- Accurately complete repair station forms, CAMP/CMP cards, and other paperwork.
- Documents on the job training, skills and proficiency in their needs assessment records.
- Notify supervisor of any suspected unairworthy conditions found during the performance of their duties.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians.
- Ensure that all parts received from stock have a proper maintenance release tag, or in the case of a shelf life material, that they are not outdated.
- Ensure all precision measuring equipment used, such as torque wrenches, gauges, meters, micrometers, etc., are properly calibrated prior to use.
- Properly identify, protect and store customer property and equipment.
- Must perform duties in accordance with company, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Must wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Apply 5S to keep shops, hangars, aircraft and work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in in-process data collection, continuous improvement initiatives and team problem solving.
- Must adhere to the Code of Conduct, current and future company policies and shop rules, safety guidelines, aviation procedures and work in a professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
This position does not have lead or supervisor responsibilities.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts of turbofan engines and systems. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.Competencies
- Assists and coordinates the implementation of new initiatives.
- Serves as a point person on project and tasks.
- Facilitates and transfers knowledge across points of contact.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and serves as a team member.
- Six plus year’s related experience required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required.
- Specialized training preferred such as OEM/FlightSafety.
- Line level experience on one or all of the following engine models required: CF34, CFM56, Spey, Tay, BR710, AE3007, TFE 731, HTF7000 and PW300 series.
- Must be proficient with the publications relevant to the maintenance of General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls Royce engines.
- Must be proficient in completing borescope inspections with minimal supervision.
- Own hand tools and a shadowed roll around tool box to complete tasks at this level.
- Knowledge of complex hand tools and how they operate.
- Ability to execute complex tasks efficiently and on time without supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to train level I and level II technicians.
- Flexible to work overtime and travel in support of customer requirements.
- Must be proficient in using a computer and in Microsoft Office programs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- More than two thirds of the time is spent standing.
- Less than one third of the time is spent walking.
- More than two thirds of the time is spent fingering, handling or feeling with hands.
- More than two thirds of the time is spent reaching with hands and arms.
- Between one third and two thirds of the time is spent climbing or balancing.
- Between one third and two thirds of the time is spent stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- Less than one third of the time is spent talking or hearing.
- Between one third and two thirds of the time is spent lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Between one third and two thirds of the time is spent lifting up to 25 pounds.
- The position requires close vision.
- More than two thirds of the time is spent working near moving mechanical parts.
- Less than one third of the time is spent working in high precarious places.
- Between one third and two thirds of the time is spent working in conditions with fumes or airborne particles.
- Less than one third of the time is spent working with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Less than one third of the time is spent working in outdoor weather conditions.
- Less than one third of the time is spent working in conditions with risk of electrical shock.
- Less than one third of the time is spent working with explosives.
- Between one third and two thirds of the time is spent working in conditions with vibration.
- The noise level is usually loud.
Job Ident #: