A&P Mechanic - Oklahoma City, OK
APA Services •
About Our Client:
With over seventy years of experience our client offers in-house, one-stop full service FBO and MRO, including paint interior, and avionics repairs and upgrades. Known for modern facilities and the industry's friendliest staff, come see why our client is a great place to grow your experience!
APA Services is strategically partnered for long-term contract engagements by providing the top talent in the aviation industry.
Building on the foundation of more than two decades of success, APA continues to be the premier provider of contract aviation professionals.About the Opportunity:
- Long-Term contract engagement with the potential of full-time hire
- Great location centrally located in Oklahoma City
- High efficiency, climate controlled facilities
- Work with Tech Savvy People high profile customers
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Your employers and peers would best describe you as a conscientious professional with a high attention to detail, overachiever, exceptionally positive attitude, relentless work ethic, and aptitude to learn quickly. You are a career minded individual with a consistent work history and achievements.
Whether you are transitioning from the military or from another premier corporate service center, we want to speak with you.
As our client’s Aircraft Component Installer based in Savannah, GA you are a master of repair, including flaps, brakes, wheels, landing gear and hydraulic testing to name a few.Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, including: repair station, quality control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements.
- Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians.
- Protect customer property (PTP).
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with the leading manufacturer and global service center for corporate aircraft service and design.
Job Ident #: