A&P Tech, Lead OCONUS (AFG)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
Leads and coordinates, effectively, the activities of small groups of mechanics under the direction of the On-Site Maintenance Supervisor. (FW & RW)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position requires a U.S. Security Clearance
- Assists the Site maintenance Supervisor with the administration and completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, parts ordering and personnel issues.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that the mechanics assigned complete their required paperwork correctly, legibly and completely.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all completed paperwork packages for assigned aircraft are relayed to the supervisor in a timely manner, in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all manpower, equipment and materials assigned are properly allocated and accounted for.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that the daily maintenance plan, as established by the Maintenance Supervisor, is carried out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work performed by the assigned mechanics adheres to the Aircraft and Appliance manufacturers maintenance manuals, as well as with Company policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Must be able to read, understand and relay complex direction found in technical data, such as engineering orders, fleet campaign directives, maintenance manuals, and blueprints. Able to read and understand the applicable aircraft maintenance manuals and/or blueprints proficiently.
- Must effectively interact with Company and customer representatives as well as with representatives of on-site business or military entities.
- Directly responsible for the creation and dissemination of a written and verbal shift turnover at the end of each work shift.
- Directly responsible for reviewing the mission calendar daily and briefing the assigned mechanic team to ensure mission aircraft needs are met.
- Attends mission aircraft debriefs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work areas and equipment are clean and well maintained, pre and post shift.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety procedures and instructions are followed.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor with personnel rosters and scheduling.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the on-site Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current FAA issued mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Minimum 8 years of maintenance experience as an aircraft mechanic.
- Meets the recent experience requirements of FAR 65.83.
- Knowledgeable of maintenance sections of the certificate holders General Maintenance Manual, the Operations Specifications, and the provisions and applicable parts of FAR Part 135 requirements.
- Minimum three (3) years experience on fleet types relevant to the assigned program.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be capable of multitasking.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance tracking programs.
- 2+ years of previous lead experience.
- 10-15 years minimum maintenance experience.
- Five (5) years minimum experience on company fleet types.
- One (1) military tour (minimum).
- Civil Aviation, Regional Airline experience.
Job Ident #:
Req No 5906