Airbus Training and Development Specialist Instructor
Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
Responsible for developing and instructing a narrow variety of technical, safety, and personnel development courses in accordance with department guidelines and ATA Spec. 104. Serve as “Front-line” employee representative to present, clarify and re-enforce ATS policies, procedures, and philosophies. Provide leadership in learning environments to employees and to facilitate a safe and more profitable workplace.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include the following items:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize the instruction techniques of lecture, slides, view foils, computer based training, computer related projection equipment, video, demonstration and testing to impart the required knowledge to a diverse population as outlined in the training objectives, while being sensitive to individual needs. Vary instruction strategies to meet class needs and/or background. Maintain control of the classroom.
- Develop courses to meet company needs which may include conducting research of the workforce to determine needs and use of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Develop specialty courses of instruction for identified needs; working with a wide variety of individuals while researching courses. Define and construct criterion referenced learning objectives, develop instructor guides, tests, student books, computer based training programs, handouts and visual aids. Determine best media and courseware to deliver training.
- Devise and conduct testing to include verbal, written and practical. Provide relevant feedback to student on performance and reinforce positive student performance. Evaluate student performance at specified intervals.
- Enforce company and department policies in classroom and overtly encourage compliance with those policies in the workplace.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze positional processes and determine skills and knowledge(s) required to accomplish the process using Instructional Systems Design techniques.
- Technical assistance could include; running engines, assisting Maintenance in troubleshooting aircraft systems. Serve as resource for technical questions. Consult with all department personnel including Managers, Supervisors, Leads, etc. as necessary and provide OJT if needed.
- Recommend improvements in safety, production methods, equipment, and any other areas that would enhance the training experience.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software and associated applications. MS Office experience preferred. Knowledge/use of Computer Based Training development programs.
- Understand and apply the concepts of coaching, feedback, group process, negotiation, presentation, questioning, and relationship building.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient in using varied media types.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and/or public groups and follow-up to provide all information required.
Associate’s degree from a certified school and one year experience in commercial aviation; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Airframe and/or Powerplant license and previous experience with adult learning, course design, and class evaluation process required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.ENVIRONMENT:
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job
Job Ident #: