Aircraft Mechanic I (Weapons Specialist)
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic I (Weapons Specialist) support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK.
This mechanic performs line maintenance, related to aircraft armament systems and munitions loading. Duties include: install and remove armament related suspension equipment, launchers, adapters, etc. on aircraft to support configuration requirements; install and remove all armament equipment to facilitate other maintenance; and all applicable duties outlined in AFI 21-101 Chapter 3.10
Promotional Items of Interest to Potential Candidates
*Base Housing Opportunity*
*No Personal tools required provided at the site*
*Overtime will be required on this task order*
* $250.00 referral bonus*
*TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia*
Job duties require that this mechanic: adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes. This incumbent supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily, may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition, may specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies, and may specialize in engine repair. This worker may be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs
For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum three (3) years actual and recent intermediate/depot level aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training (2W151 or equivalent) or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess a certification from an accredited ASNT school.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- Must possess a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Preferred Qualifications Desired experience is for F-16 or fighter aircraft.
Government housing/ No set up fees.
TDY to Australia and Guam
Job Ident #:
Requisition # 146011BR