Aircraft Mechanic II (Electro & Environmental Specialist)
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic II (Electro & Environmental Specialist) support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK.
This mechanic performs line maintenance, related to aircraft servicing, pre-flight inspections, post-flight inspections, trouble-shooting/repair & replacing aircraft system components to include: aircraft environmental controls, bleed air, vacuum, pneumatic, Liquid Oxygen (LOX), and lighting systems.
Promotional Items of Interest to Potential Candidates
*Base Housing Opportunity*
*No Personal tools required provided at the site*
*Overtime will be required on this task order*
* $250.00 referral bonus*
*TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia*
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs
For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum five (5) years actual and recent intermediate/depot level aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training (2A676 or equivalent)or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess a certification from an accredited ASNT school.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- Must possess a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Desired experience is for F-16 or fighter aircraft.
Government Housing/ No set up fees.
TDY to Guam and Australia
Job Ident #:
Requisition # 145990BR