Aircraft Mechanic II (Weapons Specialist)
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic II (Weapons Specialist) support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK.
This mechanic performs line maintenance, related to aircraft armament systems and munitions loading. Duties include: install and remove armament related suspension equipment, launchers, adapters, etc. on aircraft to support configuration requirements; install and remove all armament equipment to facilitate other maintenance; and all applicable duties outlined in AFI 21-101 Chapter 3.10
Promotional Items of Interest to Potential Candidates
*Base Housing Opportunity*
*No Personal tools required provided at the site*
*Overtime will be required on this task order*
* $250.00 referral bonus*
*TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia*
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs
For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum five (5) years actual and recent intermediate/depot level aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training (2W171 or equivalent)or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess a certification from an accredited ASNT school.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- Must possess a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Desired experience is for F-16 or fighter aircraft.
Government housing/ No set up fees.
TDY to Guam and Australia
Job Ident #:
Requisition # 146001BR