Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Banyan Air Service •
Are you ready to join an exciting organization within the Aviation industry that has an elite level of service ?
If so, then its time for you to work for the #1 FBO in the Southeast!
We are seeking experienced Maintenance Technicians looking for stability within the Aviation industry.POSITION TITLE:
Aircraft Maintenance TechnicianSTATUS:
: Maintenance Shop SupervisorOBJECTIVE:
To inspect, troubleshoot and repair aircraft serviced by Banyan in accordance with manufacturers and FAA requirements.GENERAL PHILOSOPHY:
To build customer loyalty through service excellence in a work environment where the employees enjoy their work because they have accepted responsibility for the success of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance and repair on a variety of aircraft in compliance with manufacturers and FAA guidelines and regulations and with Banyan policies and procedures.
- Assist with blueprint reading.
- Troubleshoot aircraft malfunctions.
- Repair aircraft in compliance with manufacturers and FAA guidelines and regulations, returning aircraft to service in an airworthy condition.
- Communicate with Team Leader on job progression at regular intervals.
- Communicate with manufacturer representatives as requested to expedite troubleshooting and obtain technical information pertaining to aircraft.
- Complete sign-out form when taking parts from stock.
- Prepare documentation, repair and maintenance records, and other required paperwork as per appropriate regulations and procedures.
- Return tools and equipment to their appropriate storage locations. Clean and maintain work area in acceptable condition to provide safety and professional image. Perform specific assigned shop duties.
- May complete and sign off aircraft prep form as authorized.
- Maintain work schedules of aircraft to meet customers' flight schedules.
- Assure the timely and efficient completion of work.
- Complete discrepancy items for work not yet complete.
- Maintain a file of information required to work effectively on the aircraft.
- Communicate with parts personnel on the inventory levels and stock items to be maintained for the work history of the aircraft.
- Communicate with customers as directed on technical issues.
- Assist with time and material estimates for jobs and discuss with Team Leader, Service Manager and/or Director of Maintenance.
- Prepare kit installations.
- Assist in the research of parts needed for aircraft and complete parts request form. Assure that parts are ordered in time to meet aircraft repair schedule.
- Assist in the research of Service Bulletins, Service Letters, and AD's for estimates and assist in progress decisions.
- Assure the airworthiness of the aircraft, item or component in accordance with FAA Repair Station procedures. Sign off and return aircraft to service in a safe condition.
- Inspect aircraft in compliance with manufacturers and FAA guidelines and regulations and with Banyan's policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Chief Inspector, Shop Foreman, and Assistant Director of Maintenance, Director of Maintenance regular intervals, as required.
- Prepare documentation, repair and maintenance records, and other required paperwork as per all appropriate regulations and procedures.
- Secure aircraft with cowlings and ensure that aircraft doors are locked at the end of the shift.
- Assist with in-house responsibilities as assigned by Team Leader.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and wear/use all appropriate safety equipment.
- To be fully proficient in this position, employees must possess and/or acquire the following through on-the-job training:
- A knowledge of Banyan's customers,
- A complete knowledge of the operation and care of all shop equipment, tools, and line service GPUs,
- A strong knowledge of Banyan's parts department and their procedures,
- A thorough knowledge of Ft. Lauderdale's Executive Airport, including the location of hangars, tie-downs, fuel farm, tower, US Customs, and all FBOs located at the airport,
- A working knowledge of taxiways, runways, routes used to cross taxiways, and other locations on the airport including the run-up area,
- Knowledge of the location of tools, equipment, rags, cords, hoses, cleaning supplies, waste and new lubricants, grease, precision tools, vacuum cleaners, garbage dumpsters carpets, supplies, keys, clipboards, fans, ladders, and other equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of hangar doors, hangar lights, night lights, and procedures for locking the facility, aircraft, and general security,
- Knowledge of the location of keys for prop locks, oil storage, metal cabinets, tools, closets, and doors,
- Working knowledge, knowledge of the location, purpose, and use of:
- Repair Station Inspection Manual
- Manufacturer Inspection Forms
- Discrepancy sheets and clip boards
- Parts Requisition forms; Green, Yellow, and Red Tags
- Aircraft and Parts Manuals and Microfiche
- FAA form 337
- Malfunction or defect report
- Work Authorizations
- Work Order Invoice and Parts Invoice forms,
- Knowledge of the departments of the company, their function and their personnel,
- Knowledge of your own employment status and the forms necessary to keep updated for F.A.A. requirements,
- Knowledge and understanding of the Banyan Team Handbook,
- Knowledge of work schedules and the procedures for vacation, sick or other absences,
- Knowledge of responsibility for:
- Customer items in aircraft and aircraft keys
- Clean up
- Discrepancies completed
- Items remaining and the conditions in which uncompleted items were communicated
- Run-up and completion,
- Knowledge of fueling and de-fueling procedures and paperwork required,
- Knowledge of overtime, weekend, holiday, on-call, and special call out procedures,
- Knowledge of safety procedures and designated special area assignments including jack, batteries, cords and hoses, oxygen, nitrogen, etc.,
- Knowledge of travel procedures,
- Knowledge of responsibility for facility and aircraft security and all aspects of safety.
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of Service Bulletins, Service Letters, and ADs.
Requires high school diploma or the equivalent, F.A.A. certification in aircraft maintenance and repair plus a minimum of three years of previous related experience.
Must have sufficient tools to perform duties of the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or other employees. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Job Ident #: