Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician - LAX
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines is a company where you can make an impact. Explore our career opportunities and consider the possibilities awaiting you. We are seeking a Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician to join our team at our Los Angeles, California location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager and under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, will provide guidance and technical assistance and labor for any and all problems associated with Aircraft repairs or servicing. Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Control to insure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft. Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- United States citizen or have the legal right to
accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
written; must be fluent in the English language.
- Minimum one (1) year of aircraft maintenance
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience (including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- At least 6 months Embraer 170/175, 190 experience
- Documented Embraer system class
- FAR 121 aircraft maintenance experience with experience
in a supervisory role as a Lead Mechanic or equivalent
- Associate’s degree or higher in an aviation related
discipline and/or two (2) year AMT program
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Required Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
- Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals
will be standing and working outdoors.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
Less than 10%
Job Ident #: