Fighter Aircraft Mechanic
Draken International •
Maintain, troubleshoot and repair A4 Skyhawks.
- Must be capable of learning pre/post flights, launch/recovery, servicing and diagnosing pilot reported discrepancies.
- Must be able to perform periodic/scheduled maintenance and able to detect irregularities that affect safety and/or reliability. Remove/install aircraft components, conduct functional tests, adjust/rig aircraft systems, inspect structures/systems and components.
- Must be able to comprehend technical guidance.
- Must be able to accurately document all work performed
- Must possess competency in one or more of the following disciplines: Crew chief/APG, Avionics, Electrical, Environmental, egress, wheel & tire buildup, Phase, sheetmetal, armament, pneudraulics, fuel systems and propulsion.
- A&P: Mandatory or be able to acquire within 90 days of hiring
- Related fighter experience from AV-8, A-10, EA-6, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35 required...proof of experience required.
- High school diploma or GED is required. (Mathematics skills desirable)
- Knowledge of principles applying to aircraft systems, concepts and applications of maintenance directives, data reporting, and using technical data is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Air Force supply and efficiency reporting procedures is mandatory.
- Knowledge of the proper handling, use, and disposal of hazardous waste and materials is mandatory.
- Must be trained and/or certified as required in order to work on different areas of aircraft,
including F-22, F-35, A-10, F-15, and F-16.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance.
- Current valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Extensive sitting to climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands.
- Work conditions: office, hangar and flightline
Job Ident #: