INL Avionics Technician 1 - Iraq (3345)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
, International, International
Responsible for inspecting, testing, adjusting and repairing avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, pulse, navigation, auto pilot and compass systems, installed in aircraft, using hand tools and test equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjust, repairs or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents, using hand tools.
- Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work.
- Complies with FAR required maintenance such as 91.411 and 91.413 inspections.
- Operate ground station for air-to-station check of radar or other equipment.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses.
- Complies with Avionics upgrades and modifications.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Graduate of two (2) year electronics/avionics technical school or equivalent military experience
- Current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with Airframe.
- Current Radiotelephone License issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum three (3) years experience in aircraft installation, inspection, maintenance and repair.
- Must have experience with working from blueprint drawings, diagram, specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other incomplete data.
-Spanish Language and Reading Level 2 qualified
Job Ident #: