INL Crew Chief/Flight Engineer RW (SI) - USA, FL (5745)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
Participate as a non-rated crew member on approved missions flown in support of an OCONUS US Government contract as instructor for Non-Rated Crew members Standardization. Responsible for accomplishing all required Load Master (non-rated crew member) duties in accordance with policies and procedures. Perform duties under the supervision of the Pilot-Command to include but are not limited to, aircraft configuration changes to support alternate missions, aircraft cargo, personnel loading and unloading operations and passenger safety briefings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform non-rated crewmember duties in accordance with aircrew training program requirements.
- Plan and perform airdrop operations.
- Plan and perform loading and unloading activities, compute the center-of-gravity position and ensure it is within prescribed limits at all times.
- Ensure the cargo compartment is properly configured for each mission.
- Verify and maintain a manifest for cargo and/or personnel.
- Supervise and participate in loading/unloading operations.
- Ensure cargo and passengers are properly restrained.
- Confirm security of cargo and passengers as necessary.
- Supervise passengers during routine and emergency operations.
- Report any malfunction, maintenance or safety concern to the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform emergency procedure actions as required by applicable directives and/or the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform aircraft servicing duties including fueling operations, aircraft configuration changes as required.
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Graduate of the US Army Flight Instructor Course
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified and 150 hours of NVG experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a licensed A&P aircraft mechanic with experience on helicopter and associated sub systems.
- Minimum of 650 total rotary wing flight hours.
- Minimum two (2) years crew chief and mechanic experience on rotary wing aircraft.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License.
- Current FAA Class III Medical Certificate.
- Two (2) years experience as a NRCM or NPCP Instructor.
- 5 years experience with UH-1, CH-46/CH-47, S-61/H3 or MD-530 series aircraft.
- Combat experience and previous exposure to operations in Iraq or Afghanistan highly desired.
- Previous experience with the M-4, Glock 19, M-249, and GAU-17 desired.
- Conversant in both English & Spanish
Job Ident #: