Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines proudly flies for Delta Airlines and American Airlines operating a fleet of Embraer 170/175 aircraft. At Compass, everything we do centers around making our airline the safest and most reliable regional airline in the industry. We recognize that our employees are indispensable to that mission, and we've worked hard to create a company culture where contributions are valued and results are rewarded.
We are currently seeking a MRO Representative for our Nashville, TN location. Compass employees must embody the Compass Core Values and strive to positively impact their co-workers and our passengers with each and every interaction. Motivated self-starters are encouraged to apply.
Under the general direction of the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and the Manager - Production Support, with direct reporting to the Manager, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Representative is responsible for managing on-site activities of outsourced MRO functions, which can include but are not limited to: heavy maintenance check (basic check), aircraft painting, major structural damage repairs and mod lines. The MRO Representative will provide Compass Airlines’ management oversight of vendor contract requirements and liaison with vendor personnel to ensure safety, quality workmanship and timely redelivery of compass aircraft.
Required Job Qualifications:
- 5 years of FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory role as a Lead Mechanic or higher
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid Driver’s license
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and must be fluent in English
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of heavy check experience
- Embraer 170/175, 190 experience
- PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Associate’s degree or higher in an aviation related discipline and/or a (2) two year AMT program or equivalent
- Knowledge of applicable Part 121 Federal Aviation Regulations
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of company and vendor personnel.
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Contract oversight and enforcement
- FAA Service Difficulty Report (SDR) reporting requirements
- Corrosion Prevention and Control Program (CPCP) reporting requirements
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills, can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Participation in the development of the applicable work scope
- Approve labor hours in accordance with applicable agreements/contracts
- Participation with the vendor in pre/post dock activities
- Monitor daily production on the aircraft to ensure compliance with:
- Monitor daily production on the aircraft to ensure compliance with Compass standards, policy and procedures
- Active management of applicable agreements/contracts
- Maintain schedule and budget
- Ensure Compass Airlines General Maintenance Manual process and procedures are being met
- Quality of vendor workmanship
- Evaluation of completed Compass maintenance documents to ensure proper completion and control, as well as ensuring that all required entries are completed in the Company CBTS
- Provide technical assistance to vendor, including:
- Procurement authorization for parts and materials
- Coordinating additions to the work-scope
- Procuring technical data for the accomplishment of routine and non-routine items
- Warranty claims
- Provide daily updates regarding progress and outstanding issues
- Maintain a maintenance turnover/progress log identifying material issues and unplanned project events.
- Continual analysis of vendor performance and coordinated Compass procedures, including the development or revision to procedures that improvements in the process
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed in various work environments, primarily in a hanger at various vendors.
- Up to 75% travel may be required.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous Benefits Package that includes Flight Privileges!
- Discounts on hotels, car rentals, vacations and more!
How to Apply:
If interested, please use the link to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Ident #: