Line Manager, Maintenance - SEA
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines is seeking a Manager, West Coast Maintenance to join our team at our Seattle, Washington location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Maintenance Operations, the SEA Line Maintenance Manager will provide management oversight and leadership of daily FAR part 121 aircraft maintenance operations and direction for the aircraft maintenance Supervisors and Mechanics assigned to their station.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel. Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Employee evaluation reporting and work improvement programs
- Discipline programs in accordance with the company policy manual
- Manpower and tool purchasing justification
- Monitoring budgetary accountsI
- nterview and hiring practices
Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Ensure updates are provided to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
- Ensure that coordination with Maintenance Control on movement of staffing levels, parts and tools to off-site work locations (i.e. road trips) is being accomplished.
- Ensure a complete turnover of events that occurred during the day is accomplished by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
- Provide adequate scheduling to ensure the current operational demand at their station is met. Justify additional headcount, specialized tools, or ground equipment to meet operational needs.Point of contact for issues regarding the repair and servicing of office equipment and ground support equipment at their station.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, if required.
- Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
- Manage, order, and maintain adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.Other duties as assigned
Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
· Travel required, approximately 10%.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility completely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the U.S.
- Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Hold a valid mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or higher.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience utilizing A&P license on air transport category aircraft.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with specific attention to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- At least one year of Line Maintenance Supervisory experience
- Experience and/or familiarization with the following: Maintenance Control, Materials, GSE, and/or QA/QC functions
- EMBRAER 170/175, 190 experiences is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Valid passport is highly desirable.
- Basic mathematical competency.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.There may be prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Ident #: