Maintenance Manager CONUS
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
The CONUS Maintenance Manager is responsible for coordinating maintenance functions for the maintenance department to include servicing, disposition, and overhaul of aircraft, both fixed and rotor wing and managing maintenance personnel to include rotations, assignments and rosters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a point of contact for technical support issues relating to the maintenance organization.
- Assist in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for maintenance functions based upon their operating environment and circumstances.
- Address any areas of concern or non-compliance as requested by the Director of Maintenance .
- Assist in research, development, and deployment of new aircraft to programs assigned.
- Act as liaison with Engineering/Technical Services personnel relating to all maintenance/technical issues.
- Work with other Managers to assist in the selection and training efforts to recruit and train personnel for new and existing programs as required.
- Work closely with Maintenance Planning personnel to forecast scheduled maintenance events to minimize aircraft downtime.
- Coordinate with Materials and Purchasing personnel to insure that materials and tools are available in advance to accomplish schedule maintenance events.
- Coordinate with Rotables personnel to insure all components sent for repair have the appropriate work scope applied.
- This position will travel to remote and austere locations.
- This position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Perform other duties as
- High School diploma or GED. Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Power Plant License.
from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of Five (5) years experience in Maintenance management in a Part 135 environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Eight (8) years Aviation Maintenance management experience.
- Five (5) years experience with relevant fleet type(s).
- Three (3) years experience working government contract service.
- Have had at least one completed enlistment in the Military.
- Civil Air experience from the Regional Airline environment.
Ability to travel to austere locations
Job Ident #:
Req No 6054