Ameriflight, Inc. •
Ameriflight, the nation's largest Part 135 airline is seeking a Maintenance Manager to provide unparalleled service and value for our customers, with the highest dedication to safety, innovation and teamwork while reflecting a passion for excellence.
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Regional Maintenance Manager and is accountable for the overall maintenance operation for his/her assigned base.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure high standard of performance by the maintenance operation at his/her assigned base
- Direct the day-to-day maintenance operation at his/her assigned base
- Provide technical direction and assume technical responsibility for maintenance work accomplished by technicians or by outside contract maintenance providers
- Ensure all training requirements are accomplished.
- In coordination with Regional Maintenance Managers, ensure maintenance staff level is adequate to support maintenance operation
- Assure the prompt requisitioning and economical use of maintenance materials, equipment, and facilities required for efficient execution of required work.
- Ensure proper and timely communication with Maintenance Control to assure on-time performance, including making accurate estimates of maintenance delays
- Ensure proper and timely communication with Regional Maintenance Manager and other management personnel in all matters relating to the maintenance base Monitor/audit all log book items and documentation are complete and correct, including scanning and uploading documents to electronic record storage system (AirVault)
- Manage/utilize overtime only as required
- Promote positive employee relationship and effective lines of communication while enforcing company rules and regulations
- Ensure/enforce safety rules and regulations and develop a safety awareness culture
- Review and evaluate employee performance
- Other duties when assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience in aviation maintenance with minimum of 3 years in a management/supervisory role
- FAA A&P license
- Hands-on maintenance experience on minimum of 2 aircraft type in the Ameriflight fleet (SA227, Be1900, Be99, EMB120, PA350)
- Strong knowledge in FAA Part 135 operation
- Familiarity with business skills as relating to maintenance operation, i.e. budgeting, cost control, labor allocation, parts/inventory management
- College degree or equivalent strongly desirable
- May be required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read labels, distance vision to see what aircraft is arriving, color vision to see color coded labels, peripheral vision to watch for activity going on around them, depth perception when marshalling and towing aircraft, and the ability to adjust focus when writing
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Must be able to travel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as maintenance manuals, Airworthiness Directives, engineering drawings and procedure manuals
- Must be able to synthesize and retain information and make decisions according to policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office suites and computer skills
Job Ident #: