Maintenance Planning Specialist
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines is seeking a Maintenance Planning Specialist to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
To work with Maintenance, Engineering, Materials and Dispatch in planning short and long term maintenance. To produce short and long term maintenance schedules. To plan and schedule all required inspections, overhauls, Engineering Orders, Fleet Campaigns, Airworthiness Directives and any other tasks as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must have strong analytical skills and possess the ability to work well with others
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license
- Experience in Maintenance planning.
- Background in Line/Hangar aircraft maintenance.
- Experience with using Computer based tracking systems.Experience with using Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional.Experience with using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of Planning concepts.
- Working knowledge of aircraft systems and ATA codes.
- Working knowledge in the use of aircraft/engine maintenance manuals and IPC’s.
- Have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
- Working knowledge and understanding of computer based tracking systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and levels of personnel within and outside the company.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, and Project.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional.
- May be assigned to work 12 hour days over Weekends or 2nd Shift.
- Must be willing to be On Call after hours.
- Review maintenance forecast in computer based tracking system.
- Work with Dispatch and Maintenance Control to route aircraft for maintenance.
- Plan, forecast and schedule Line maintenance, Intermediate and Heavy Checks.
- Work with Materials to ensure all required parts are available for scheduled work.
- Work with Engineering to ensure EO’s, EA’s, FCD’s are scheduled accordingly.
- Coordinate work load with Line/Hangar Maintenance Managers and Supervisors. Coordinate with outside vendors as necessary.
- Build work packages in the computer based tracking system.
- Assemble task card pdf documents in folders for all scheduled work.
- Produce various reports as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Ident #: