Manager, Maintenance - OCONUS
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for coordinating all maintenance functions for the aircraft he is assigned to oversee, this is to include servicing, disposition, and overhaul of aircraft. Manages maintenance personnel to include rotations and rosters. This position will be assigned OCONUS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee all Maintenance requirements and tasks performed on the aircraft to ensure work is done in accordance with established GMM, maintenance manuals, Camps and other regulatory documents. Responsible for the return to Service/Airworthiness of all aircraft under his/her supervision. Responsible for the timely completion of maintenance in accordance with the directed plan(s). Provide leadership to team, including development, coaching and training of team members to build a highly functioning team. Ensures that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to subordinate staff members. Ensures that qualified personnel are selected and develops an adequate plan for backup of key personnel. Monitors performance of subordinates. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Ensures that a positive employee relations position is maintained promoting teamwork and cooperation. Serve as a point of contact for technical support issues relating to the assigned program. Assist in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for maintenance functions based upon their operating environment and circumstances. Address any areas of concern or non-compliance as requested by the Director of Maintenance or the Director of Quality control. Assist in research, development, and deployment of new aircraft to programs assigned. Act as liaison with Technical Services personnel relating to all maintenance/technical issues. Work with other Managers to assist in the selection and training efforts to recruit and train personnel for new and existing programs as required. Work closely with Maintenance Planning personnel to forecast scheduled maintenance events to minimize aircraft downtime. Coordinate with Materials and Purchasing personnel to insure that materials and tools are available in advance to accomplish schedule maintenance events. - Coordinate with Rotables personnel to insure all components sent for repair have the appropriate work scope applied. Act as a liaison with various vendors when necessary to expedite the repairs process. This position is global and individual selected will be required to travel to remote and Austere locations worldwide. Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED. Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Power Plant License..
B.A./B.S. from a four-year college or university
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years Aviation maintenance management experience. Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Previous leadership experience. Working knowledge of computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance tracking programs necessary to perform job functions.
Trax computer software experience. Five (5) years experience on assigned fleet types.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
11. Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
12. Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
13. Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture
Job Ident #: