Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to insure airworthiness. Utilize technical skills and resource management abilities to train and develop mechanics. Assist Leads with daily operation of functional area while working under minimal supervision.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings, engineering orders, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement, or modification.
- Recognizes unsafe conditions and takes immediate corrective action.
- Assist Leads with planning, production, and quality assurance of assigned projects.
- Mentors and develops mechanics assigned to their functional areas.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete all company required reading.
- Adhere to company training guidelines.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs
- Oversee and co-sign for uncertified mechanics in accordance with the ATS RSM procedures.
- Responsible for signing off OJT in a timely manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises Maintenance manpowerSAFETY RESPONSIBILITY:
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Good verbal and written communication.
to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with
other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job
- Must have detailed knowledge of specialty area,
paperwork and publications and an understanding of technical information
in order to troubleshoot problems.
- Must have broad overall knowledge of aircraft systems and major components.
- Ability to calculate basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
- Ability to reason, organize and solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
hold an appropriate airman’s certificate in accordance with FAR 65 and
must have had at least five years of practical experience in the
procedures, practices, inspection methods, materials, tools, machine
tools, and equipment generally used in the area of their responsibility.
- Applicable Repairman, Airframe and/or Powerplant license.
performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to
sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects
close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and must have the ability to handle and climb
ladders and aircraft stairs.
The employee may be required to lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally, with help, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must have full color vision and visual acuity with or without corrective lenses.ENVIRONMENT:
noise level in this work environment is usually high. May work near
moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to
fumes or airborne particles. Additionally, this position requires use
of a respirator.EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS
This job description
is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate
employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or
be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to
this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at
Job Ident #: