OH-58 Helicopter Mechanic -- Roswell, NM
Removes and installs aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as engines, rotors, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components. Services and lubricates aircraft and subsystems. Safely prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services. Performs scheduled inspections and assists in performing special inspections. Performs limited maintenance operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment as required. Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment. Mechanic applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical Manuals, Maintenance Information and Action Messages and all technical guidance provided through government official representatives. Mechanic participates in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required. Individual requires individual to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Experience in OH-58D Model Aircraft.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years actual and recent aircraft general repair maintenance/modification experience is required
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, and micrometers
- Must have OH-58D aircraft experience
- Must have experience with Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (ULLS-A)
- Must have a current NACI/NACLC investigation
- May be required to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
Job Ident #: