Tool Room Controller
Gulf Air Group •
Performs a combination of duties for the efficient management of the tool room and associated test equipment. Functions include issuing and receiving tools and test equipment, monitor tool calibration, perform inspections for serviceability, foreign objects, and broken tools to maintain 100% tool accountability in accordance with company programs, policies and procedures, and FAA documents and advisory circulars.
- Issues, receives, and stores hand tools and other equipment. Keeps an inventory of tools, inspects tools and equipment for wear or defects, and orders new equipment when needed. Maintains records of tool use.
- Preform daily inventory of tool room assets; conduct daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections on tools, toolboxes, and equipment for condition and serviceability, free of foreign objects, proper markings and etchings, and properly shadowed to easily identify lost tools.
- Report all missing tools to supervisor, track lost tools, and maintain copies of lost tool reports.
- Enter tools and equipment, track calibration and inspection due dates and location, and create work orders and purchase orders in Flight Docs maintenance software, and Fixes Asset System (FAS) software.
- Identify equipment needing repair or replacement; makes minor adjustments, lubricates, and repairs to tools and equipment. Replace broken tools. Keep equipment functional and ready for use.
- Maintain records of tool inventories, broken tool logs, and equipment. Maintain calibrated tool historical records. Ensure records are complete and available for FAA Inspectors
- Receive, inspect, and confirm the quality and quantity of ordered supplies, material, and equipment.
- High School graduate with 2 years tool room (tool crib) experience
15% - 20%
Job Ident #: