APA Services •
5+ years experience in the aircraft industry building bond and assembly tools. 2* years using a laser tracker setting details and benchmarking tools. Ability to run manual mill if needed to machine simple details. must be able to work any shift.Summary:
Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate shop tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair epoxy lay-up tooling, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, fabricating plaster casts and
- Fabricates complete alignment and assembly jigs, templates, and fixtures and other production tooling such as high temperature laminated fixtures, plaster casts, plaster mockups from master bond jigs and other information,
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operates shop tools such as lathes, milling machine and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Examines standard or previously used tools, and jigs and fixtures.
- Uses various epoxy resin systems in order to fabricate or repair high temperature laminated fixtures.
- Makes plaster casts from any fixture furnished and plaster mockups or sample parts.
- Maintains contour and dimensional requirements of form tools and fixtures.
- Maintains close tolerances in jigs and transfers hole patterns from different mold lines, laying out templates, shop tools and drill fixtures.
- 5+ years experience in the aircraft industry building bond and assembly tools.
- 2* years using a laser tracker setting details and benchmarking tools.
- Ability to run manual mill if needed to machine simple details.
- Must be able to work any shift.
Job Ident #: