APA Services •
I am currently recruiting for Wire Assemblers for Fort Worth, TX
About Our Client:
Located in beautiful West Fort Worth, Texas, our client is the leading Aerospace and Defense supplier of electrical wiring harnesses, relay panels, aircraft modification kits, power distribution panels and more. Through Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma our client employs continual improvement of manufacturing and administrative processes thereby improving customer satisfaction. Notable clients include: Bae Systems, Boeing, Sikorsky, Lockheed Martin, L3, Defense Contract Management Agency Awards and Recognition: Sikorsky’s Top Supplier Commendation, DSCR’s Gold Medal Supplier Award, Lockheed Martin’s Star Supplier Award, and the SBA’s Award for Excellence.
About the Opportunity:
Long-Term Contract with high probability of Full-Time Employment Competitive hourly rate Contractor benefits available Four / Tens Monday-Thursday Shift 6 AM - 4:15 PM Full-Time Status: Comprehensive benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K employer match, Long-Term Disability Employer Contribution, Nine Paid Holidays, and Paid Vacation. As our client's Wiring Assembler, you will showcase your expertise in large sub-assembly, mechanical and electrical, as well as, small sub assembly work, mechanical and electrical, cable manufacturing. Your mission is to prepare wires arts, components, and structures to assemble aircraft electrical/avionics wire harness and sub assemblies.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Strip, crimp, splice, tin, and/or solder wires and install into connectors Perform electrical bonding of structures for the purpose of grounding electrical parts.
- Assemble electrical/avionics parts and components of basic to moderate complexity, for example, amp connectors, coaxial connectors, and triax connectors
- Route wires on harness form board and prepare wires for installation of secondary connectors
- Verify proper routing and secure wire harness
- Perform dress out activities of wire harness and/or electrical/avionics sub assembly
- Prepare wires, parts, components, and structures to assemble aircraft electrical/avionics wire harness and sub assemblies
- Will be required to work with engineering, quality, production control and other associates to a rigorous production schedule
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary
Skills, Attributes, Knowledge & Experience:
- High school degree or trade equivalent
- Minimum 1-year experience as an assembler in a manufacturing environment
- Harness, Panel or Kit assembly experienceElectrical and or Mechanical assembly experience. (Preferred)
- Understanding and familiarity with handling electrostatic devices and components
- Experienced in working with various hand tools
- Solder experience
- IPC or equivalent crimping
- Ability to read color-codes, assembly, and harness drawings
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must be detail oriented within a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to take on new tasks and a changing environment
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Experience working in conformance with a quality system
- Soldering Certification to IPC-610 and/or J-STD-001 desirable
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 and AS9100 desirable
APA Services is strategically partnered for long-term contract engagements by providing the top talent in the aviation industry.
Building on the foundation of more than two decades of success, APA continues to be the premier provider of contract aviation professionals.
Join our Talent Network and Apply Today!
Commercial Aviation Recruiting Specialist
Phone: 888-272-7868 x 118
Cell Phone: 817-821-9161
Connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashley-freitas-90732735
Job Ident #:
Wiring Assemblers - Fort Worth, TX