Airbus Project Manager
Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
Manages assigned aircraft maintenance lines through the use of production schedules, labor analysis, and budgetary information. Utilizes management skills, support resources, and man power to manage entire projects for the maintenance, preventative maintenance, or alteration of aircraft. Assure that maintenance tasks and functions are carried out in compliance with the applicable requirements of the air carrier maintenance program and its inspection procedures manual. Ensures product quality at all times.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include the following items:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Profit/Loss ( P/L ) of maintenance programs, achieving performance targets, budgets, detailed schedules for each maintenance project and on-site customer relations.
- Ensure the direction of our maintenance programs is consistent with ATS goals and targets.
- Works with operations leadership to ensure most efficient utilization of manpower and resources.
- Works with support organizations to ensure necessary product and services can be delivered when required.
- Directly supervises all aircraft maintenance.
- Coordinates with Quality Control to ensure, within ATS repair station limitations, that aircraft maintenance is performed and carried out in accordance with approved Federal Aviation, Manufactures, Customers and ATS procedures and requirements.
- Directly responsible for the on time delivery and adjustments of aircraft delivery schedules.
- Coordinates maintenance labor requirements consistent with maintenance scheduling and priorities.
- Directly responsible for monitoring Maintenance Supervisors, Leads, and other maintenance personnel in the performance of the duties assigned to them.
- Provides a positive interface with the customer.
- Manages work of assigned employees including appropriate management of time, prioritizing tasks, ensuring proper knowledge and training to accomplish assignments, and adherence to company policy and procedures.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
Oversee the administration of aircraft contracts. Review and approve budgets and expenditures. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, interviewing and training; development of technical and leadership skills; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY:
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels of ATS employees.
- Manage by influence.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Ability to positively resolve conflicts.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Must demonstrate and model managerial courage.
- Leads by example.
- Demonstrates team player mind set and behavior.
- Able to multi-task with a bias for action.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong understanding of FAA regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding of financial management.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
- Minimum of three+ years of Airbus aircraft maintenance or repair experience. The aircraft experience must be within the last 18 months of work experience to insure currency with aircraft procedures.
- Airframe and/or powerplant certificated.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum of two years aircraft maintenance supervisory experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to sound business ethics, professionalism, and equal opportunity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.ENVIRONMENT:
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high. May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.
Job Ident #: