Continuous Improvement Specialist
Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
ATS is looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join the Project Management Office (PMO) with a primary focus process improvements.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will facilitate process improvement workshops and other interactive sessions with subject matter experts and key stakeholders documenting current “as-is” operations/processes; designing new "to-be" operations/processes; defining improvements; creating/executing in alignment with strategic initiative programs.
The documents produced by the Lean Practitioner will include but not be limited to Process Flow Charts, Value Stream Maps (current and future state), Spaghetti Diagrams, and time studies.
The position reports directly to the Leader of the PMO.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create Value Stream Maps.
- Instructing cross-functional teams in adapting to and understanding improvement processes, facilitating Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen and Rapid Improvement Events and overseeing process improvement projects.
- Interpret customer needs and requirements, translate concepts into practice, identify process improvement opportunities, assists with data collection and analysis, and quantify results and trends analysis for Lean projects.
- Lead and execute process-level improvement projects.
- Collect process data and develop process maps.
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements.
- Work with process owners to ensure process gains are held.
- Supports Management Team and Program Manager in the project prioritization and selection process.
- Assist with program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Report project status on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Lean Toolkit Application Skills (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Error proofing, SMED, team problem solving, etc.).
- Continuous Improvement/Lean implementation/facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. .
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
- Experience in Value Stream Mapping required.
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methods required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 1-2 years of experience applying Lean/Six Sigma methods and project management best practices preferred.
- Lean /Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to sound business ethics, professionalism, and equal opportunity.
performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to
sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects
close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.ENVIRONMENT:
business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is
usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed
office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS:
job description is not a contract for employment and either party may
terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to
this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any
Job Ident #: