Director I, Operations
Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
Responsible for overall leadership of the Moses Lake Business Jet Completion Center. This position reports to the GM, Airframe Services and the primary responsibilities are ensuring the successful execution of modification and installation strategies, planning and continuous improvement activities, and the effective implementation of performance measures established in coordination with the Executive leadership team.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Provides leadership to develop and execute the Modification Center organization strategy.
- Provides leadership and coaching to employees to support the ATS talent management process.
- Must ensure the Modification Center remains Part 145 compliant. Utilizes high-level decision making ability to impact/influence installation activity through all phases of the program.
- Responsible for maintaining and regularly reviewing modification center headcount plans and communicating them to the human resources team.
- Serves as a role model and champion of Aviation Technical Services values and culture.
- Coordinates capital expenditure plans for the completion center and ensures that cost justifications are robust before submission and that they support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Provides strong manufacturing and installation planning leadership in all phases of the programs to minimize problems or conflicts and provides leadership in developing team-based solutions to problems as they arise.
- Ensures the facility, personnel, processes and systems are functioning to quality, safety and program standards expected by Aviation Technical Services and its clients.
- Ensures that appropriate Modification Center monitoring/reporting processes are in place and are being applied consistently.
- Oversees and drives modification facility activity through the Completion Managers by monitoring manpower, skill levels, work completion, daily work execution, schedule adherence and daily action items.
- Responsible for communicating concise and comprehensive Modification Center status and priorities to the clients and program team.
- Balances and prioritizes multiple modification programs. Coordinates issues with all parties as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven management skills including displayed leadership of a high-performing team.
- Must be able to work and make decisions in an autonomous environment. Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- Demonstrated experience with high-level, critical, analytic and strategic thinking.
- Ability to respond effectively to confidential inquiries or complaints.
- Strong coaching, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess broad technical knowledge and familiarity of aircraft, maintenance, interior completions and FAA/EASA certification.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and have knowledge of aircraft parts, assembly and installation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications and Project Management software.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, interviewing and training; development of technical and leadership skills; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY:
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
degree from accredited college or technical school in Business or
related field and eight years’ experience in quality assurance, quality
control and /or aviation maintenance program; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ previous supervisory experience required.
- Aerospace background and aircraft interior modification experience required.
- Mst hold current FAA Airframe and PowerPlant certificate.
Employee will balance their time between normal business office conditions and hangar operations.
noise levels will range from low to levels where hearing protection is
required. Employee may be working in an office, open area, adverse
weather and extreme temperature extremes. Floor may be carpeted, bare,
concrete and exposure to hazardous chemicals and slip and fall hazards.EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS:
job description is not a contract for employment and either party may
terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to
this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any
Job Ident #: