Commercial Jet Inc., is a leading independent FAA approved and EASA recognized line and heavy maintenance, repair & overhaul (MRO) solutions provider for passenger and cargo aircraft. Commercial Jet Inc. is known for our reliable and expert service for more than 20 years. We have earned the trust of the world’s leading airlines, owners and operators. Our skilled professional team delivers fully integrated high-value aviation service solutions customized to the specific requirements of each customer. As one of the largest aviation service providers in South Florida, Commercial Jet’s team can accommodate multiple wide-body and narrow-body aircrafts, reducing out-of-service time for our customers, including the world’s leading airlines, as well as aircraft owners and operators. Commercial Jet specializes in heavy maintenance and modification services, complete airframe inspections, freighter conversions, interior modifications and avionics upgrade programs.
Our service team includes some of the most talented FAA-certified structural, electrical, avionics and A&P technicians, along with specialists in aircraft modification and maintenance programs. We are currently looking for an individual to lead our Quality Team as Director of Quality & Safety/Accountable Manager.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Director of Quality & Safety/Accountable Manager will oversee and be responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the Quality and Safety Department and interface with all levels of management as well as all regulatory agencies.
- Primary point of contact for the FAA and various foreign civil aviation authority personnel.
- Identify and resolve safety and regulatory compliance issues with customers, regulatory inspectors and auditors.
- Make application for revisions or amendments to the Operations Specifications, make application for foreign Repair Station Authorizations and submit renewal applications for existing authorizations.
- Monitor the internal audit and surveillance of required programs mandated by all regulatory agencies. Ensure provisions are implemented to correct any discrepancies reported.
- Maintain and update policies and procedures as it relates to tool calibration, technical data, shelf-life and scrap parts programs. Ensure calibration standards are traceable to the National Institute of Technical Standards or other governmental controlling agency standards if applicable.
- Monitor safety standards compliance, industry trends, and applicable regulations (Federal, State and local) and ensure appropriate actins are taken.
- Oversee technical library and ensure that repair station technical data is current and available while work is being performed.
- Update and maintain the Repair Station Manual and Training Program Manual.
- Manage Inspection Department and ensure proper staffing levels are maintained in order to support business needs.
- Oversee Training Department and ensure employee training records are maintained up to date and current.
- Maintain the master list and control of inspection stamps and maintain a current roster of authorized Supervisory and Inspection Personnel.
- Oversees internal audit programs and ensure follow-up and compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate incident investigations.
- Provides technical advice and guidance related to quality and safety to other members of management.
- Actively drive and support the company safety program and initiatives.