INL Flight Operations Manager - Iraq (5807)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
, International, International
Responsible for the Aviation Support Service Program to the U.S. Embassy Country Team and the DOS INL-A Customers in support of their aviation program requirements within the assigned country by FW and/or RW aircraft.
Provides management and administrative functions necessary for the safe, efficient, effective operation of Aviation Support Services and Embassy Air Operations Program at the Main Operating Base (MOB), Forward Operating Base (FOB) and other locations as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the operations of a fleet of fixed-wing and/or rotary-wing aircraft conducting domestic and international air movements at the country site location.
- Ensure operational requirements are safely accomplished in accordance with customers established standards and operating procedures.
- Serve as the in country operations subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the tactical leadership of the operations team and direction of all operational activities and resources in an assigned country or area. On behalf of the Country Site
- Manager, manage aircrew, force protection, security, weapons, life support equipment and intelligence functions and personnel assigned to the program within the country
- Ensure Air Tasking Requests and missions are consistent with and in support of contract requirements
- Coordinate with the Site functional leaders to ensure personnel, aircraft and equipment are properly prepared and configured for scheduled flight operations and available when and where required.
- Ensure required operational reports are submitted to the functional managers in a timely manner to meet company and customer requirements
- Manage the operational components of the contract phase-in plan to replace the incumbent contractor with no degradation of capability.
- Represent and perform the duties of the Country Site Manager when directed and in his absence.
- Maintain strong relationships with key operations customers, teammates and vendors.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCEREQUIRED:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management and operations of a mixture Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing aircraft fleet.
- Prior experience as a US military aviator
- 2,000 hours of flight time as the PIC in Fixed and/or Rotary Wing Aircraft
- NVG qualified pilot
- Strong English speaking and written communication skill.
Previous qualification in one or more of the Site aircraft
Job Ident #: