Production Manager, Maintenance - LAX
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines proudly flies for Delta Airlines and American Airlines operating a fleet of Embraer 170/175 aircraft. At Compass, everything we do centers around making our airline the safest and most reliable regional airline in the industry. We recognize that our employees are indispensable to that mission, and we've worked hard to create a company culture where contributions are valued and results are rewarded.
Under the general direction of the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and the Sr. Manager, Maintenance Operations, while reporting directly to the Maintenance Base Manager, the Maintenance Production Manager will provide management oversight and leadership of nightly aircraft maintenance operations, ensuring efficient coordination, communication and oversight. Will provide direction for the aircraft maintenance Supervisors and Mechanics assigned to their station. Will act in conjunction with the Maintenance Base Manager to ensure a high level of safety, production, and quality are maintained.
• Minimum five-years FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
• Two years experience in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or equivalent.
• Must be PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office suite of applications
• High School Diploma
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language
• Basic mathematical competency
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
• Valid driver’s license
• United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• EMBRAER 170/175 and/or 190 experience is highly desired
• Associate’s degree or higher in an aviation related discipline
• (2) two year AMT program or equivalent
• Valid passport with no travel restrictions
• Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
• There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
• Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel.
• Experience should consist of:
1. Formal and informal aircraft systems training
2. Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
4. Dispatch requirements
5. Use of specialized tools
6. Ground support equipment
7. Technical reports and forms
8. Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
9. Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
10. Payroll and time keeping requirements
11. Employee evaluation reporting and work improvement programs
12. Discipline programs in accordance with the company policy manual
13. Manpower and tool purchasing justification
14. Monitoring budgetary accounts
15. Interview and hiring practices
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
• Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
• Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
• Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
• Takes direction from and coordinates with the Maintenance Base Manager.
• Ensure local reliability initiatives are established and followed.
• Ensure updates are provided to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
• Ensure that coordination with Maintenance Control on movement of manpower, parts and tools to offsite work locations (i.e. road trips) is being accomplished.
• Ensure a complete turnover of events that occurred during the night is accomplished by the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Ensure the labor tracking data collection process is followed.
• Ensure the on-the-job (OJT) technical training process is followed.
• Ensure payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
• Provide manpower scheduling to ensure the current operational demand at their station is met. Justify additional headcount, specialized tools, or ground equipment to meet operational needs.
• Point of contact for issues regarding the repair and servicing of office equipment and ground support equipment at their station.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Base Manager in the development and adherence to the yearly budget.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Base Manager in the completion of the technician’s annual performance reviews.
• Operational responsibility for on time departures of aircraft and helping develop a maximum efficiency in workflow.
• Leading and directing special projects and modification lines.
• Providing detailed weekly operational reports to the Maintenance Base Manager, which will include carried forward work, root cause analysis of delays and any operational difficulties.
• Help promote a positive and safety culture at their work location.
• Coordinate contract vendor activity, if required.
• Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
• Manage, order, and maintain adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables.
• Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
• Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• This is an SMS safety related position who has the responsibility for making appropriate risk assessments and decision making to achieve acceptable levels of Safety.
• Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
• Some travel, less than 10% maybe required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Ident #: