Manager, Airworthiness Records
CHC Helicopter •
Give Your Career a Vertical Lift! At any given moment, on any given day, a CHC aircraft is in the air somewhere in the world. Whether we're transporting the men and women who keep the world's offshore oil and gas flowing, or taking an injured patient to safety, CHC sets the standard for safety, customer service, modern aircraft and efficiency. This is a billion-dollar business built on the foundation of a strong team spirit in our company and our greatest strength is our motivated and passionate employees. All you have to do is get on board.
CHC Helicopter has an opportunity for a Manager, Airworthiness Records
. The Airworthiness Records Manager is responsible for the Airworthiness Records Controllers team (5-10) in Irving, Texas. The department updates databases and validates for assigned helicopter/components for completion and check of conformity and retains all detailed maintenance and manufacture records within regulatory authority, customer and company requirements.
Responsibilities: Leadership 40%:
- Prepare plans for the Technical Records activities in accordance with the department’s primary objectives and strategies and the requirements issued by our customers to the department.
- Oversight and guidance for the control of all technical records, and distribution and tracking of material
- Quality Assurance checks of all Technical Data catalogued in AMOS
- Leadership and development for the Airworthiness Records employees throughout region including;
- Setting and oversight of department KPIs.
- Involvement in regular compliance monitoring of staff
- Feedback and evaluation of the department employees.
- Administration of performance management plan where applicable.
- Work across regions to identify best practice and improved process opportunities
- Work with Director to develop and execute on business goals
- In close relation with the relevant AOC Managers, create and maintain a technical records control and storage system, ensuring compliance with both company standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure all customer obligations are adhered to and demonstrated to the customer on a regular basis.
- Adhere to requirements in respect of aircraft log books, including directions and inspection of records
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of all aircraft technical records and initiate continuous improvement when discrepancies found to ensure no reoccurrence.
- Register and store data from maintenance records in suitable computer database, and ensure that the original manufacturer or customers maintenance records is updated as necessary, and securely filed.
- Manage and execute the duties assigned to the department in accordance with the given requirements and specifications and within the limits of economic, quality related and operational regulatory framework governing the company and the customers.
- Develop the unit’s organization, personnel and technology, so that the unit contributes to the company being a leading and competitive Maintenance Organization
- Review and asses all assigned regions procedures to find best practice and methods to align standards
- Ensures that internal audits and accuracy checks are planned and actioned
- Review access to all airworthiness records systems to ensure compliance to policy
Health & Safety 100%:
- Support and reflect the business objectives of the organization
- Adhere to CHC corporate safety, health, environment and quality policy
- Employees must comply with and adhere to all company policies
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- International travel may be required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A University Degree or equivalent education, training and experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in the aviation industry.
- Experience in successfully leading in an administrative environment, with a proven track record
- Experience working with cross-departmental teams across various regions
- Analytical thinker; detail- and process oriented.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to implement solutions
- Ability to lead in a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with AMOS system preferred.
- Experience with Airvault system is preferred
Please apply ONLINE at www.chc.ca
to be considered for this position.
CHC welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. If required we are able to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability throughout the selection process. We fully comply with all local, national and regional regulations governing employment practices. Alternate formats are available upon request to EmploymentEquity@chc.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls! #L
Job Ident #: