Manager, Inflight Training
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines is seeking a Manager of Inflight Training to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Manager Inflight Training (MIT) is responsible for the administration of all Inflight Training given to Compass flight attendants. The MIT reports directly to the General Manager - Inflight and maintains a close relationship with the Manager Inflight-Operations, Manager Policy and Compliance, Manager of AQP and Manager Crew Planning. Ensure the highest degree of safety, quality, security and integrity is maintained at all times.
- Specifically responsible for oversight, development and execution of all aspects of Compass Airlines Inflight regulatory training programs to ensure the highest standard of training is presented. This would include all new hire, Continuing Qualification and any other required training conducted in compliance with applicable regulations. Collaborates with various regulatory organizations, external stakeholders and internal operational groups in the fulfillment of these duties.
- Work closely with GM -Inflight to ensure adherence of all company policy, procedures, and regulations.Ensure training is conducted in accordance with company policies and FARs.
- Periodically review all training manuals to ensure adherence of company standards and comply with federal regulations. When necessary, will coordinate changes to the training program manuals.
- Collaborate with FAA Cabin Safety Inspector to develop mutually acceptable policies, procedures and training programs.Implement transition of initial training to an AQP format.
- Periodically review the current status of each employee’s training record and ensure all required training is scheduled.
- Timely and accurate processing of all training records.
- Meet with the GM -Inflight, IF Manager - Operations and IF Manager - Policy and Compliance to review trends and make necessary changes to maintain quality control.
- Ensure FAs are trained in accordance with the desired objectives and FAA requirements (including computer based training and written exams) and training is conducted as required by applicable regulations and the FAA approved FA Training program.
- Create, modify and supervise the development and evaluation of FA training programs.
- Notify appropriate departments when students complete or fail to complete required training.
- Direct oversight and scheduling of the Inflight instructors.
- Collaborate with Training Scheduling to schedule all FA training.
- Maintains currency records of Inflight instructors.
- Ensures adequate staffing of Inflight instructors.
- Oversees selection and training of Inflight instructors
- Monitor training facility, training devices and courseware for currency and appropriate content.
- Coordinate facility availability and utilization with respective departmental needs.
- Assists with AQP data collection, management and analysis including the development and presentation of the Compass Annual AQP report. Will include program recommendations based upon analysis.
- Audit to ensure training program compliance in accordance with appropriate FARs and company policies.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Safety to track trends in crew performance and make recommendations to the GM - Inflight.Member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Attend Compass FA Initial training, if not currently qualified.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the GM – InflightThis is an SMS safety related position who has the responsibility for making appropriate risk assessments and decision making to achieve acceptable levels of Safety.
- Primary work is conducted in an office environment
- Classroom and/or cabin trainer
- Some travel may be required
- Occasional weekend or holiday may be required
- Occasional travel to Compass Headquarters
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Ident #: