Program Manager 3
L2 Consulting Services, Inc. •
Expanding company seeks a Program Manager. The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for each project both internally and with the customer. This position is responsible for managing all phases of assigned projects. A typical project includes engineering development, prototype manufacturing, an aircraft installation, FAA certification, and transition to production.
Company Quality Policy:
L2 is committed to quality and continuous improvement in all areas of our organization. We provide solutions based on our customers’ needs and are dedicated to ensuring that all expectations are surpassed. We are fanatical in ensuring our solutions meet or exceed regulatory and customer requirements. Working as a team, all employees are involved in the continuous quality improvement process to ensure that the company goals for quality, timeliness, responsiveness and innovation are met, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction. Primary Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure full understanding of the project scope and constraints.
- Be the primary point of contact, post kick-off, both internally and with the customer.
- Work with the project team to develop the project plan, including requirements, tasks, schedule, budget, and identifying risks and material requirements.
- Facilitate internal communications regarding project execution to ensure all impacted departments are working with the most accurate information.
- Maintain and track the project schedule, action items, open issues, risks, budget variances, and scope changes.
- Lead all project meetings with a focus on project execution to ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables, and completion of the project scope.
- Communicate the current project status and issues to the customer through weekly teleconferences and status emails.
- Elevate issues to the L2 Executive team as required to ensure customer satisfaction and proper capture and communication of scope changes and the potential financial implications.
- Lead Preliminary, Critical and Final Design Review meetings with the customer.
- Ensure project scope is completed, project data is archived, and lessons learned are recorded.
- Ensure proper adherence to all L2, customer and FAA processes.
- Support new business proposal preparation as assigned by the department Manager.
- Any and all activities required to get the job completed.
- 5+ years project/program management experience required.
- PMP certification/DOD equivalent required.
- Ability to manage 2-3 medium sized projects at the same time required.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required.
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional teams in a matrix organization required.
- Ability to interact with and maintain external relationships with customers, including airlines, DOD, OEMs, vendors, and engineering partners; and internal relationships with sales, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, modification teams, finance, and legal departments required.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or other technical field preferred.
- Experienced in interfacing with governing bodies such as the FAA, JAA, NTSB, or similar, and their representatives preferred.
- Experience working on large transport-category aircraft strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience operating or performing modifications on aircraft preferred.
- Enjoys the challenges of working projects that vary greatly and have distinct potential to require significant changes or alterations in mid-stream, remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Must be legally able to work in USA and supply required supporting documentation for the I-9 Form
Job Ident #: