Compass Airlines is seeking an SOC Duty Manager to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Provide operational oversight, leadership and direction to the Compass SOC to include Dispatch, Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Control, Maintenance Planning, and AOG. Deliver guidance and direction to Ground Operations, Flight and Inflight personnel during airline operations. The SOC Duty manager will be responsible to ensure the daily operation of Compass Airlines is safe, efficient, and meets its performance goals. Position is responsible for Compass’ daily operation as well as planning future day’s operations to obtain these goals. This position must have strong leadership and coordination skills as well as the ability to make correct decisions in a timely manner, in a high stress environment.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Flight, In-flight, Dispatch, Maintenance, and Ground Operations management;
- Field concerns and complaints by crew members, crew schedulers, stations, maintenance, and government agencies;
- Assure there is a constant and timely flow of information between all departments in the SOC and in the field of operations;
- Coordination and Updating of the System Control Procedure Manual as it pertains to the position;
- Maintain constant flow of communications with Delta OOC and coordinate with Delta in irregular operations situations;
- Coordination of System Control Policy based on regulatory changes;
- Assist with personnel decisions, including Interviewing, hiring, and termination of SOC Staff;
- Lead, direct, mentor and motive staff to maximize performance and potential. Foster a positive work environment that values open communication, trust and personal accountability;
- Manage the operational resources of the airline to ensure maximum operational performance as measured by completion factor and on-time arrival performance;
- Execute operation plans during Irregular Operations caused by weather, ATC, maintenance or security disruptions;
- Report to senior leadership on a regular basis on overall operation performance;
- Work with the Manager of SOC to comply with the operational policies of the Director of SOC and contribute in the forming of these policies.
This is a high stress and high demand position that works directly with the other departments in the SOC. It also involves working with Flight and In-flight departments to coordinate daily operational needs.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.