Senior Advisor, Safety Risk and Assurance
CHC Helicopter •
Give Your Career a Vertical Lift!
Senior Advisor, Safety Risk and Assurance, Perth AustraliaAt any given moment, on any given day, a CHC aircraft is in the air somewhere in the world. Whether we're transporting the men and women who keep the world's offshore oil and gas flowing, or taking an injured patient to safety, CHC sets the standard for safety, customer service, modern aircraft and efficiency. This is a billion-dollar business built on the foundation of a strong team spirit in our company and our greatest strength is our motivated and passionate employees. All you have to do is get onboard.
We have a brilliant business with likeminded people and we have an opportunity for a Senior Advisor, Safety Risk and Assurance to join our team based in Perth, Western Australia. The Senior Advisor, Safety Risk and Assurance will focus on effectively delivering on safety program elements in support of safety risk and assurance objectives for Australia. This is a permanent position with some business travel required.
As Senior Advisor SR&A, you will be responsible for the following;
- Develop team training needs analysis to deliver capability to meet strategic developmental goals, delivery of training programs and team coaching
- Write, lead and coordinate team members to develop safety policy, procedures and instructions to maintain compliance of safety management systems to the requirements of ICAO Annex 19, National Airworthiness Authority standards and regulations; and integration of reporting culture, the justice model and human factors
- Coordinate, conduct and record safety investigation caseload as directed. Classify risk assessment elements, HFACS and FRMS for inclusion in the safety risk profile.
- Coordinate and contribute to safety critical information through all levels of the organisation using the Safety Action Group structure
- Act as the lead for the Daily Safety Risk Meeting (DSRM) and coordinate report management for effective actions and outcomes
- Contribute, develop and lead the continuous improvement of organisational safety systems through the delivery of tasks and ideas for safety performance indicators, analysis of investigation data, reports for management review, alignment to goals and the encouragement of feedback
- Encourage, lead and provide support to the organisations’ departments through the contribution of safety solutions and the prevision of relevant operational safety advice for emerging issues, gap analysis and operational procedures
- Coordinate the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the corporate emergency response program
- Coordination of effective customer and departmental engagement for CERP exercises, procedural development and supplier controls
- Contribute to data, statistics and information in support of commercial tenders and contracts
- Submit and oversight mandatory or required reports, as directed, to the appropriate authorities (airworthiness, quality or HESS) within the required timeframes.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Technical qualification in an aviation trade discipline preferred, or equivalent education, training and experience is essential
- Lead Auditor or Incident Investigator qualification and experience in leading investigations and audits
- Working knowledge of quality tools, lean and/or six sigma experience an asset
- Knowledge of CASA, EASA and FAA regulations applicable to an MRO/CAMO/Flight Ops
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an MRO/CAMO/ Flight ops environment
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on safety risk and assurance
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage, and develop a team of aviation professionals.
Please apply online via our website www.chc.ca to be considered. CHC is committed to equal opportunity and invites all suitable applicants to apply.
Job Ident #: